Consultant Hoa Dang
Date posted 11 October 2016
We are looking for an experienced Vietnamese CFO to manage an IT service company. You will report to the CEO in Vietnam on all daily operational matters.
About the CFO role:
In this role, you will be based in Hanoi and responsible for reporting to the Group, in particular to the Regional Controller and Group Chief Financial Officer with regards to all financial matters pertaining to Group’s investment(s) in Vietnam.
- Financial Reporting & Operation
- Oversee the preparation of timely and accurate financial and management reports/statements to the Management and Board of Directors;
- Ensure the timely preparation of all regulatory requirements, including annual statutory accounts, tax filings and any other regulatory requirements;
- Implement and ensure compliance with Vietnam GAAP and relevant accounting standards
- Be responsible for Treasury and Cash Management including obtaining funding to support capital expenditure and/or expansion plans. This includes dealing with bankers and other financial institutions
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders and service providers, including banks, auditors, tax agents, solicitors and regulatory bodies
- Monitor and ensure that best practices are adopted in all processes within his/her scope of responsibilities to ensure effective and efficient running of operations
- Ensure a sound system of internal controls are in place to safeguard the assets of the companies by identifying key risk areas and ensuring that these risks are promptly and properly mitigated
- Strategy Planning and Budget/ Forecasting
- Assist the CEO in Vietnam in preparing a strategic business plan;
- Prepare Annual Operating Plans for the companies and thereafter regularly monitor progress and budget achievement;
- Analyse budget variances and report analysis to the management and board purposes;
- Provides any other insightful analysis and input from business aspects i.e. financial, operation and commercial view.
- Maintain a highly effective cross-function communication and liaison, especially with Sales/Business Head, Operations and Network
- Manages and supports the commercial requirements of the business while maintaining an appropriate balance between financial and non-financial considerations and expectations
- Develop and monitor pricing and costing strategies, particularly new business or clients
- Oversee product and customer level preparation of business cases, emphasis on ROI of investment cases
To succeed in this CFO role, you must possess at least 10 years of relevant working experience with exposure in IT service/telecommunication or similar industry is an advantage.
- Hold a professional qualification from an internationally accepted body (e.g. ICAEW, ACCA, AICPA etc.)
- Technically sound in Vietnam GAAP and IFRS
- Have experience in leading and managing a Finance team
- Possess good leadership attributes and managing expectations from different stakeholders;
- Fluent in English and Vietnamese (both verbal and written)
- Excellent analytical skills and business acumen mind-set
This leading IT service company offers great career progression opportunities. If you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity