Location Ho Chi Minh City
Consultant Hoa Dang
Date posted 11 October 2016
We are looking for an experienced Vietnamese Finance Director to lead the finance team of a well-known education provider in Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam.
About the Finance Finance Director role:
You will play a key role in the Finance team's continued development and success. Your main responsibility involve strategy, financial reporting and analysis, book keeping and costing, financial planning and analysis
- Lead and manage local finance teams and make sure finance processes at centre-level, cluster-level, city-level and group-level are in good shape
- Work with management team on developing and implementing firm-wide finance policies, procedures and financial KPIs / objectives across the group and functional teams
- Key member of group senior / key leadership team responsible for influencing company direction, strategy, growth and strategic planning. key sounding board / advisor to the CEO
- Financial Reporting and Analysis, Bookkeeping & Costing:
- Financial and business analytics and KPI tracking - work with sales, business development, marketing and operations teams to construct and maintain a robust business analytics, financial and operating KPI tracking program; drive trend / variance / returns analysis
- Timely closing of monthly accounts and reporting (including by center by course)
- Evaluate and implement better accounting software / MIS system
- Timely preparation of audited financials in accordance with financial reporting standards
- Financial Planning and Analysis:
- Spearhead the budgeting process and budget review including longer term financial projections
- Manage / optimise profitability and cash-flow across organisation by working closely with sales / business development / marketing / operations teams (e.g. ensuring sustainable unit economic profitability by monitoring centre and cluster performance vs. budget / projected including enrolment ramp-up rate, utilisation and key operating expenses of new and existing centres, accretive M&As at group level etc.)
- Manage / optimise capital allocation
- Other tasks:
- Treasury Management: Optimise yield on surplus cash, Working capital management and improving cash cycle
- Financial Risk Management: Review and improve internal controls and financial processes, Implementing treasury controls, Implement internal audit function
- Tax (Income Tax and VAT) and Compliance: Ensure the timely submission of VAT returns and CIT returns, Manage tax audit, Ensure regulatory compliance
To succeed in this role, you should be a Chartered accountant / CPA and have strong understanding of Vietnam and international accounting standards and regulations
- More than 10 years of relevant experience
- Intermediate understanding of commercial, regulatory / legal and tax environment in Vietnam
- Experience with service-type, outlet / centre-based business (education, retail)
- Experience to build up FP&A function
- Knowledge of using and managing implementation of accounting software and relevant Management Information System (MIS) software
- Presentable and able to converse fluently in both English and Vietnamese
- High level of integrity. Self-starter and be willing to adopt a hands-on approach to completing individual tasks and leading the finance team.
- Keen interest in continuous improvement of current work processes. Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills with colleagues and shareholders.
This is a well-known education system with sustainable business record. They offer great career progression opportunities.
Apply today for this exciting Finance Director job.