Internal Control Manager
Location Ho Chi Minh City
Consultant Hanh Tran
Date posted 06 October 2016
A multinational company specialising in industrial products is having an excellent Internal Control Manager opportunity based in Ho Chi Minh city. You will be reporting directly to the General Manager and play a leading role in integrating a recent local buyout.
About Internal Control Manager position
You will be responsible for all internal control, audit and risk management activities of the group.
- Plan, organise and carry out the internal controls function including the preparation of an audit manual, audit plan, scheduling and assigning work and estimating resource needs
- Conduct risk assessment of departments/functional areas in accordance with timelines
- Conduct audit testing of potential risk areas and identify imminent issues
- Conduct any reviews or tasks requested by Management
- Actively participate in the development of Internal Control policies ensuring that they are relevant to Internal Control Reference Framework (ICRF)
- Develop and implement appropriate operating procedures to ensure compliance with ICRF and local laws
- Monitor and provide advice to management to minimise risk resulting from poor internal controls
- Identify areas of financial and administrative strengths and weaknesses and develop best practices
- Review the responses to internal and external audit management letter queries to ensure that recommendations are implemented; follow-up on audit action plan to ensure that all action items are resolved before the next annual audit
- Provide management with periodic reports on compliance with Internal Control Reference Framework
- Provide training to staffs on Internal Controls
To succeed in this role, you will need to have at least 5 years of experience in either Big 4 or internal audit role.
- Bachelor/master degree in finance and accounting
- ACCA certificate (preferred)
- >5 years of working experience in audit in one of the big 4, e.g. KPMG, PWC, Deloitte, EY
- Having experience in leading an audit team, e.g. currently being a Supervisor, Assistant Manager, Manager in this audit firm
- Fluent in English, both speaking and writing
- Good at analysis, negotiation, communication and problem solving
This international business is a market leader in their field, and well-established in Vietnam, with a recognised and highly respected portfolio of products. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Internal Control Manager job.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.