Cost Controller (open to Expats)
Location Binh Duong
Consultant Tu Nguyen
Date posted 04 January 2018235 Dong Khoi Street District 1 Ho Chi Minh City Robert Walters
Wanek Furniture is a key company in the supply chain of the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world with a distribution network reaching out to more than 123 companies. They are now looking for a Cost Controller based in VSIP II, Binh Duong. In this role, you shall be leading a big team of 10 staffs, reporting to Vietnam and Regional Financial Controllers and covering the company's 3 legal entities.
About the Cost Controller role:
In this key management position, you will be involved in daily interpersonal contact with direct reports, management team members across multiple locations, executive management and outside contacts. You will develop and implement processes and manage teams focused on lowering costs, improving quality and increasing throughput within all operating divisions of Vietnam companies, including Wanek, Ashton and Millennium.
- Organise and develop cross-functional management teams directed at cost reduction initiatives. Responsible for directing, tracking and offering guidance to management teams. Areas of focus include process improvement, 6S, labour variance, overhead variance, productivity improvement, inventory control and materials management improvement teams
- Responsible for the development of inventory control and reporting systems. Written policies and procedures are adhered to and compliance audits are conducted throughout all areas of the company that are involved with inventory transactions from receiving through sales and cost of sales transactions
- Development of yearly, quarterly rolling budgets, and follow-up meetings with management teams to ensure actions are identified and completed to meet targets established for all manufacturing areas of the company
- On-going professional development of staff across all locations. Work with team and peer departments to ensure effective project management and guidance to support Vietnam operation strategic objectives
- Coordinate and manage the work of employees by directing members of the team to meet the area’s goals. Audit regularly to ensure standard operating procedures are being adhered to
- Communicate company and departmental issues and goals and facilitate employee growth and development through weekly team meetings, regular individual employee meetings, coaching, training, and company-offered learning opportunities
- Manage resources to optimise equipment, facilities, employees, methods and materials
- Demonstrate the company’s core and growth values in the performance of all job functions
To succeed in this role, you need to be solid in manufacturing costing, inventory controls system, operational accounting performance measurements, and able to perform under strong demands in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance is required
- MBA or technical certification such as CPA, CIMA, Six Sigma
- At least ten years' progressive leadership experience in Divisional Operational Controller role working for a large multi-division manufacturing company
- Strong command in persuasive ability and polished negotiation skills in English and Vietnamese
- Activity based costing and overhead application techniques
- Effective time management and organisational skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of Continuous Improvement
- Ability to lead, teach and motivate direct reports and management peers
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously within established time constraints
- Respond professionally in situations with difficult employee/vendor/customer issues
Wanek Furniture not only offers its employees the opportunity to work in an international and professional working environment, but also a long term and stable career path with attractive benefits. With a workforce having a positive attitude and a mindset geared towards success, Wanek Furniture continues to be a preferred employer who engages with its employees and strives for personal development to achieve the impossible.
If you are driven, have a track record in manufacturing industries and want to take the big next step in your career, then this is the role for you.
Apply now or call me to discuss this new opportunity.