Financial Accounting Director
Location Binh Duong
Consultant Tu Nguyen
Date posted 07 March 2018235 Dong Khoi Street District 1 Ho Chi Minh City Robert Walters Vietnam
This is a key company in the supply chain of the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world with a global extensive distribution network. They are now looking for a Head of Accounting based in Binh Duong.
About the Financial Accounting Director / Head of Accounting Role:
As a key management position, you will lead a big team of 20 staffs, take full responsibility for overseeing the general accounting and financial reporting functions and the financial services area including credit, A/R, A/P, treasury and taxation; and report to Vietnam and Regional Financial Controllers.
- Oversee the general accounting function, which includes inter-company accounting, financial reporting, balance sheet management, and cash flow management and reconciliation
- Accountable for ensuring that policies procedures (internal control) are in place to provide reasonable assurance that the company assets are protected
- Provide technical accounting guidance Vietnamese Accounting Standards (VAS) and USGAAP relative to internal controls documentation and testing and segregation of duties, and support to all company entities
- Responsible for proper timing and application of revenue recognition rules
- Ensure that company financial records, under responsibility, are maintained in compliance with company policies, VAS and US GAAP. Responsible for reviewing monthly, quarterly account reconciliations and other document to ensure compliance
- Supervise the completion of all statutory reporting, including tax (VAT, PIT, CIT), transfer pricing, statistical reports and customs report. Be the representative of the company during tax and statutory audits
- Responsible to ensure that all payments due are paid apropos to economic terms and control processes, and are paid in timely manner
- Ensure that the computer system continues to operate as required. Involved in validating/ designing suggested changes to ensure accounting requirements continue to be met
- Coordinate works relating to both internal and external audits, and is further responsible for the implementation of agreed upon recommendations, related to areas of responsibility, resulting from the audit findings
- On-going professional development of staff across all locations. Work with team and peer departments to ensure effective project management and guidance to support Vietnam operation strategic objectives
- Communicate company and departmental issues and goals and facilitate employee growth and development through weekly team meetings, regular individual employee meetings, coaching, training, and company-offered learning opportunities
- Manage resources to optimise equipment, facilities, employees, methods and materials
- Demonstrate the company’s core and growth values in the performance of all job functions
To succeed in this Financial Accounting Director role, you must have strong experience in manufacturing finance, good communication skills and ability to work effectively across different levels of the organisation, particularly with senior management.
- Bachelor degree in accounting or finance, MBA or technical certification such as CPA is a plus
- Strong knowledge and experience in VAS and international accounting standards, knowledge of Vietnam’s commercial, legal and tax regulations
- Five to ten years' experience, with a progressive leadership role working for a large multi-division manufacturing company
- Strong ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously under time constraints
- Proactive, independent, analytical and able to work under pressure and has strong adaptability in frequently changing environment
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with strong sense of responsibility
- Proficient computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Tools
- Strong command in English and Vietnamese languages
The firm not only offers its employees the opportunity to work in an international and professional working environment, but also a long term and stable career path with attractive benefits. With a workforce having a positive attitude and a mindset geared towards success, the company continues to be a preferred employer who engages with its employees and strives for personal development to achieve the impossible.
If you are driven, self-motivated and determined to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you.
Apply today to discuss this opportunity.