Chief Operations Officer
Consultant James Johnson
Date posted 20 March 2018235 Dong Khoi Street District 1 Ho Chi Minh City Robert Walters Vietnam
An exciting and business critical Chief Operations Officer job has just become available at a young, ambitious and fast growing international school, based in Ho Chi Minh City.
About the Chief Operations Officer Role:
Reporting to the Head of School, (based in Ho Chi Minh) and the Group CFO you will primarily be responsible for all aspects of financial management and performance and also other operational functions (sales and marketing / business development, HR, IT, administration, operations, projects, premises development and maintenance).
- Manage cash flow, annual budgeting, reporting, financial analyses, forecasting
- Formulate business plans as well as implement strategies to ensure the long term business goals and objectives of the school are sustainable and profitable
- Work closely with the Head of School to develop, execute and evaluate (track) impactful marketing campaigns to gain new student enrolments and retain current students
- Responsible for overseeing all human resource matters within the school including recruitment, professional development and compensation
- Oversee facilities and maintenance; all the contracts with major vendors, suppliers, consultants, and negotiate these contracts in conjunction with the Head of School
To succeed in this position you will naturally be very hands-on and the type of person that really does not mind rolling the sleeves up when necessary. Team work and pulling together is a key part of the schools ethos and essential for their growth. You will also need to be highly passionate about mentoring and development of your team (this will be by showing the way rather than delegation).
- At least ten to fifteen years' experience in a Senior Finance position
- Proven cross-functional operations experience, covering HR, IT, sales and marketing ideally in the capacity of COO position or similar
- Start-up experience would be highly preferable or experience with a non governmental organisation
- Experience in education and a passion for education is a significant advantage
- You will be a real people person who leads by example (a corporate aggression would not work in this environment)
This international school, based in Ho Chi Minh has enjoyed excellent growth and plans to double its size within five years. They offer an environment of community, fun, energy, team work and passion for the children’s education and development.
If you are a an excellent senior finance professional that wants to be an essential part of an international schools growth and success then this is an amazing opportunity for you.
Apply now or call me to discuss this new opportunity.