Financial Director (open to expats)
Location Quang Ngai
Consultant Tu Nguyen
Date posted 18 June 2018235 Dong Khoi Street District 1 Ho Chi Minh City Robert Walters Vietnam
A global leading manufacturer from the U.S is now looking for a Financial Director based in Quang Ngai after the first 6 months to 1 year in Binh Duong.
About the Financial Director Role:
This is a key management position that involves daily interpersonal contact with direct reports, management team members across multiple locations, executive management and outside contacts. You are responsible for overseeing the operational finance and reporting aspects of Quang Ngai's plant.
- Establish functional policies and make tactical decisions, within overall strategic direction, with top management guidance; solve complex technical or strategic problems; apply technology or business approaches in new ways; develop and recommend new alternatives; regular interaction to communicate or negotiate important agreements, requiring considerable tact, sense of timing and the ability to engender trust, plus sensitivity to diverse audiences
- Financial Accounting - with focus on General Accounting and Financial Reporting functions and the financial services area including Credit, A/R, A/P, Treasury and Taxation.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining a system of internal controls that will ensure that company assets are adequately safeguarded and that all financial reporting is prepared in compliance with all financial policies and Vietnamese Accounting Standards
- Operational finance – focus on internal operational audits of adherence to company policies and procedures related to inventory controls, labour cost reporting and sales/cost of sales transactions and processes.
- Focus on inventory controls systems, operational reporting systems and process improvement/cost reduction team initiatives
- Work closely with the Corporate Finance team in Binh Duong to align and implement standard operating procedures, report metrics and KPIs to ensure consistency of approaches and financial reporting standards within Vietnam operation
To succeed in this Financial Director role, you must have strong experience in manufacturing finance, good communication skills and ability to work effectively across different levels of the organisation, particularly with senior management.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance, required
- Vietnam CPA certificate, required
- MBA or technical certification such as CPA a plus
- 5-10 years in either Corporate accounting or Public accounting, with a progressive leadership role working for a large multi-division manufacturing company, required
- Strong command in English and Vietnamese languages
- Financial Accounting VAS and / or US GAAP or IFRS
- Strong knowledge of Vietnam’s commercial, legal and taxation regulations
- Working knowledge of Continuous Improvement and Balanced scorecards
- Effective time management and organisational skills
- Ability to lead, teach and motivate direct reports and management peers
- Respond professionally in situations with difficult employee/vendor/customer issues
The firm not only offers its employees the opportunity to work in an international and professional working environment, but also a long term and stable career path with attractive benefits. With a workforce having a positive attitude and a mindset geared towards success, the company continues to be a preferred employer who engages with its employees and strives for personal development to achieve the impossible.
If you are driven, self-motivated and determined to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you.
Apply today to discuss this opportunity.