General Accountant Supervisor
Salary 13th + performance bonus
Location Ho Chi Minh City
Consultant Thuy Nguyen
Date posted 30 July 2018235 Dong Khoi Street District 1 Ho Chi Minh City Robert Walters Vietnam
A highly important General Accountant Supervisor job is now available in a successful FMCG company, based in Ho Chi Minh city.
About the General Accountant Supervisor Role:
In this interesting role, you will oversee the completion of general accountant tasks such as creating and clearing entries to accounts, balancing, and reconciliation, researching and resolving discrepancies and maintaining accounting system.
- Generate the trial balance, prepare monthly financial statements and other ad-hoc reports
- Validate and analyse relevant balance sheet accounts: advance/prepayment/fixed assets/accrual/other liabilities and P&L accounts
- Review, post account payable voucher, journal voucher to general ledger
- Direct the preparation of accounts payable vouchers and related reports
- Review accounting documents to ensure accuracy of information and calculation, and make or direct correcting entries
- Control and monitor subsidiary record of certain accounts related to payment processing in the general ledger
- Control various journal entries for: Accrual/depreciation/adjustment/reclassification
- Manage month-end and year-end closing
- Monitor the daily performance of general accountants, answer inquiries and resolve routine problems identified by staff and/or other departments
- Organise financial data into usable information and maintain updated records
- Ensure that internal and external accounting principles and policies are followed
- Prepare routine/ad-hoc financial analyses/reports as required
- Establish accounting policies and procedures aligned with company's targets, ensure compliance with the law
To succeed in this role, you must be very solid in both tax and general accounting, proactive, independent, has 'can-do' attitude and strong team work spirit.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
- Over five years' relevant experience specialising in finance - general accounting, at least three years of which must be supervisory or leadership role
- Teamwork with motivational ability
- High works standards
- Strong taxation and accounting knowledge is a must
- Sharp and accurate calculation skill
- Able to work well under pressure
- Problem-solving and time management skill
- CPA/MBA/ACCA certificate is a plus
This global company needs no introduction and is recognised as one of the biggest players in their field worldwide. With decades of history this is a great brand to join at an exciting time in their development.
If you are driven, determined and aiming for a career step up, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this General Accountant Supervisor role.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.