Location Ho Chi Minh CityFULL_TIME
Consultant Phuong Ngo
Date posted 19 April 20192019-05-03 2019-06-18 accountancy 235 Dong Khoi Street District 1 Ho Chi Minh City Robert Walters
A world’s leading company in renewables energy industry based in Ho Chi Minh is calling applications for a Chief Accountant.
About the Chief Accountant role:
Reporting to the Asia Finance Manager, with responsibility for the financial management of local entities, and joint venture entities, ensuring completion of timely month end close, and reporting to local management
- Handle full spectrum of financial and cost accounting role eg. AR, AP, GL, forecasting, budgeting etc.
- Be responsible for day to day finance and accounts operations
- Work with the Taxation Dept, Statistics Dept, banks, auditors and other Vietnamese government authorities for all works relating to accounting and finance of the company
- Be responsible for PIT, CIT & Internal/external Audit
- Perform full set of accounts and ensure timely closing of accounts
- Perform project cost forecasts/budgets, cost tracking, monitoring and controls
- Responsible for timely monthly management accounts, payments, cash-flow management reporting for submission to SMT (Senior Management Team)
- Perform cash flow forecasting, budgeting and working closely with the operations and project teams in analysing variances and cost analysis
- Issue project cost reports for review and approval
- Develop and maintain internal control and effective accounting system and policies for the set up
- Establish and maintain systems for cost-sensitivity analysis and early-warning of cost-overruns
- Work together with the respective departments on cost reduction initiatives
To succeed in this position you be strong at financial accounting, reporting and consolidation, good English communication and ability to work under pressure is strong advantages.
- Bachelor degree in accounting/finance
- Comprehensive knowledge in accounting and tax, experience in dealing with tax department
- Experience in working with auditors and relevant government departments
- Computer skills: Excellent Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of ERP is plus (Microsoft 365, PowerBI and advantage)
- At least 3-5 years' working experience in accounting as General Accountant
- Fluent in English and Vietnamese , both written and oral
- Hard working, honesty, self-responsibility
- Confident self-starter with the ability to act on own initiative, multi-task and meet challenging deadlines
- High levels of energy and motivation with a strong track record of delivery in previous roles
- Strong organisation, communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work cross functionally including with non-financial teams
- Flexibility to travel within Vietnam on occasion
This firm needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise.
If you have solid experience in finance and accounting manager positions, possess strong technical skills and look for a best environment for your career development, then this great opportunity is for you.