Chief/Head of Actuary (based in Cambodia)
Salary VND150,000,000 - VND200,000,000 per month
Location Ho Chi Minh CityFULL_TIME
Consultant Thuy Nguyen
Date posted 22 April 20192019-04-22 2019-06-21 insurance Ho Chi Minh City Ho Chi Minh City VN VND 150000000 200000000 200000000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.vn https://www.robertwalters.com.vn/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
A newly created and highly important job of Chief/Head of Actuary is now available in a first joint stock life insurer in Vietnam, based in Cambodia.
About Chief/Head of Actuary Role (based in Cambodia):
As a Chief/Head of Actuary, will have overall responsibility for actuarial function in Cambodia, and will promote best practices across the company and ensure the integrity of the organisation's pricing and reserves. This person is in conjunction with the financial function and other key management, will have responsibility for developing and maintain the company’s various tools for measuring profitability and risk exposures.
- Provide actuarial guidance and leadership including the development and/or evaluation of necessary actuarial resources within the organisation
- Develop and implement improved actuarial procedures; providing actuarial advice and consultation to senior management on matters relating to all relevant products
- Collaborate with Chief Actuary in Head office on actuarial policy setting regarding reserve standards, economic capital standards, product development and pricing, in order to provide an effective contribution to the company’s strategy with respect to stable growth and healthy profitability
- Work collaboratively across appropriate functions and divisions to set pricing and reserving levels as a part of the senior management team consistent with profitability objectives for the organisation
- Promote effective and agile risk governance at all levels of the organisation
- Facilitate the monitoring and control of the financial condition of the actuarial function including: Adequacy of reserves, Solvency standards, IFRS and Product approval process
To succeed in this position, you will need to have excellent project management and organisational skills with strong attention to detail and ability to prioritise and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- 10+ years' experience within the insurance industry including experience working across functions
- Team-oriented, collaborative approach and a willingness and ability to handle opposing perspectives and gain consensus
- Strong written and oral communication and leadership skills, with proven successful experience working with Executive Management
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills, with a proven success in risk management
- High personal impact, self-starter and critical thinker
- Strong consultative and influencing skills
The company is already market leader in its field. They are committed to deliver products that constantly being designed and improved to operate perfectly in every situation, bringing customers the most wonderful and memorable experience.
If you are an excellent professional that wants to utilise your technical and interpersonal skills in a highly challenging, rewarding, and performance driven environment, then this is a great opportunity for you.
Apply now or call me to discuss further.