Financial Risk Senior Manager
Salary 13th month salary + yearly bonus
Location Ho Chi Minh CityFULL_TIME
Consultant Thuy Nguyen
Date posted 28 May 20192019-05-28 2019-07-27 insurance Ho Chi Minh City Ho Chi Minh City VN VND 100000000 140000000 140000000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.vn https://www.robertwalters.com.vn/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
A highly important job position of Financial Risk Senior Manager role is now available in one of market leaders in Vietnam's insurance sector, based in fantastic location in Ho Chi Minh City.
About the Financial Risk Senior Manager position
As a Senior Finance Manager, you will be responsible for the overall financial risk management & operations, financial risk analysis activities affecting performance of the business. You will manage a team of 2 financial analysts to identify key risks and opportunities, establishes and maintains positively ongoing relationship with relevant stakeholders, while developing the teams of financial risk professionals.
- Financial Risk Management (MI): follow FRM policies, company guidance and coordinate with Risk team [ERM, Credit, Market, and Insurance], assist to coordinate with relevant first line function(s), including Actuarial/Finance
- Facilitate the financial risk identification and assessment, ensure the risk definition and categorization defined in Risk Framework is properly followed
- Support with the model validation and response to requirements relating to internal model governance
- Assist to coordinate in escalation of financial risk issues and breach to financial risk appetite/limits, where required, in line with the escalation procedures prescribed in Financial Risk Manual
- Support to monitor and report alarming FRM situations, outstanding issues and action plans for financial risk mitigations to Risk Committee, where required
- Assist to prepare Own Risk and Solvency Assessment (“ORSA”) report requirements
- Support to provide appropriate information is provided to RC for sign-off/noting as per PVA (PCA) Financial Risk Manual
- Perform ad-hoc requests from time to time by direct manager
To succeed in this position, you will need to identify, understand and communicate to the country leadership teams the key financial and non-financial drivers of value creation and how the company can leverage those to achieve desired outcomes.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Actuarial Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Economics
- Obtain Associate-ship or near Fellowship of the Society of Actuaries/UK Institute of Actuaries/Australia Institute of Actuaries/Canadian Society of Actuaries
- At least 10 years working as an actuary in the life insurance industry with exposure to: Embedded Value, (Canadian) IFRS, Local (basis) reporting, experience studies (mortality/morbidity/lapse/expense etc…), Business Planning, pricing life insurance product (regional & MoF approvals), Capital (Solvency) Management, model risk control, fund splitting, dividend recommendation and some investment experience
- Knowledge of SII is a plus
- Analytical/critical thinking skills
- Interpersonal skills and oral & written communication skills (EN/VN)
The company is already world’s market leader in their field. The world leading life insurance firm being tremendously developed and sustainably grown with the commitments on making investments in and having strong attachment with Vietnam market.
If you are an excellent professional that wants to utilise your technical and interpersonal skills in a highly challenging, rewarding, and performance driven environment, then this is a great opportunity for you.
Apply now or call me to discuss further.