Head of Compliance (Financial Service)
Location Ho Chi Minh City
Consultant Cindy Tran
Date posted 02 August 2018235 Dong Khoi Street District 1 Ho Chi Minh City Robert Walters Vietnam
An international financial service organisation is looking for Head of Compliance to manage the Compliance function across Vietnam. Position is based in HCMC.
About the Head of Compliance Role:
As the Country Head of Compliance, you will be responsible to provide assurance to the management on all compliance activities of the Vietnam business by setting up systems and frameworks to actively monitor, mitigate risks, prevent frauds and implement quick and timely actions.
- Regulatory and corporate compliance: ensure the business complies with regulatory requirements as well as Group standards and policies
- Compliance assurance: ensure annual compliance assurance plan is adequately defined with a risk based approach and ensure necessary compliance monitoring activities are carried out
- FCC/ABC compliance:
- Ensure full compliance with all relevant AML laws, codes, rules, regulations and standards of good practice and optimising relations with the anti-money laundering authorities
- Ensure that the business has in place a robust ABC program with appropriate controls in place
- Ensure that the business has in place a robust anti-fraud program with appropriate controls in place
- Compliance risk management & remedial actions
- Identify compliance risks and evaluating the controls in place to mitigate such risks
- Develop and monitor action plans and ensure their timely completion
- Manage compliance incidents and breaches, and identify remedial actions where necessary on timely basis
- Compliance Reporting
To succeed in the role, you should possess a minimum of 10 years' experience in multinational organisations with a particular focus on Compliance and Risk Management.
- University degree, preferably Finance/Accounting, Law, Economics etc.
- At least 10 years of experience in Legal, Compliance, Internal Audit/Control areas and at least 5 years in managerial positions. Prior experience in a financial service organisation is a must
- Solid understanding and exposure in Compliance, Financial Crime and Risk management functions
- Strong business and regulatory network
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills as well as problem-solving skills critical
- Excellent English and Vietnamese
This organisation needs no introduction and is very well recognised in the industry, they rewards talent with great internal progression and remuneration benefits.
If you are motivated and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you.
Apply or message me for further details.