Head of Credit Risk & Compliance
Location Ho Chi Minh CityFULL_TIME
Consultant Thuy Nguyen
Date posted 29 May 20192019-06-24 2019-07-28 financial-services Ho Chi Minh City Ho Chi Minh City VN VND 100000000 120000000 120000000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.vn https://www.robertwalters.com.vn/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A highly important job position: Head of Credit Risk and Compliance, is now available in a Vietnam based (Ho Chi Minh City) fin-tech firm. The firm is the number one online lending marketplace focused on unsecured lending to SME companies in ASEAN. They have developed the first proven digital platform to deliver credit and marketing scores for SMEs in Vietnam.
About the Head of Credit Risk and Compliance role:
As the Head of Credit Risk and Compliance in Vietnam's market, you will report to the Country Head and occasionally to the head office in Singapore. You are to manage Vietnam team. Developing, maintaining, and strengthening business sales performance and operations.
- Manage the implementation of all aspects of the risk and compliance function; processes, tools, and systems to identify, assess, and report risks for a rapidly growing portfolio of loans
- Development of credit administration, debt management and risk mitigation processes
- Management of compliance and regulatory assessments, ensuring industry standards are met and overseeing documentation of security, data audit, and fraud control
- Evaluation of portfolio performance, design, test & launch loan products that are optimised for market in coordination with technology departments
- Manage in-house credit evaluation function (risk algorithm & credit scoring model), underwriting of loans, and collections, developing key metrics and KPIs for the team
- Build relationships with credit related third parties (credit agencies, government regulatory bodies, and associations)
- Evaluate key credit & business risks, and provide recommendations for credit and collections strategy
To succeed in this position, you will need to identify, understand and communicate to the country leadership teams the key financial and non-financial drivers of value creation and how the company can leverage those to achieve desired outcomes.
- Master’s Degree (MBA, MSc.) in Business Management, Risk Management, Finance, Accounting or related field
- 15-20 years of senior-level experience within a large corporation, building a business from ground-up; experience in banking (SMEs), financial services is preferred
- Very good written and spoken English and Vietnamese; international working experience is a big plus
- Good communications, computer knowledge, organisational skills, negotiation skills, problem solving ability, analytical, good planning
- Highly analytical with demonstrated talent for identifying, scrutinising, improving, and streamlining complex work processes
The company has track-record and is already market leader in every country that they enter. They are backed by leading private investors and institutions in the region, and with presence in Singapore and Indonesia, they aim to be one of the fastest growing Fin-tech companies in ASEAN.
If you are an excellent professional, an influencing leader, a flexible team player that thrives in environments requiring ability to effectively prioritise and juggle multiple concurrent tasks, this is the great opportunity for you!
Apply now or call me to discuss further.