Country Head - Vietnam
Salary Attractive Package + Shares
Location Ho Chi Minh CityFULL_TIME
Consultant Thuy Nguyen
Date posted 13 August 20192019-09-16 2019-10-12 financial-services Ho Chi Minh City Ho Chi Minh City VN VND 120000000 160000000 160000000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.vn https://www.robertwalters.com.vn/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A highly important job of Country Head is now available in a Vietnam market’s new player in fin-tech, based in Ho Chi Minh City. They are an online lending marketplace focused on unsecured lending to SME companies in ASEAN that has developed the first proven digital platform to deliver credit and marketing scores for SMEs in Vietnam.
About the Country Head Role:
As a Country Head for Vietnam market, you will report to the Co-Founders of the head office in Singapore and manage the Vietnam team to develop, maintain, and strengthen business sales performance and operations.
- Business strategies and plans: develop company-wide strategies and plans, ensuring their alignment with short and long term objectives
- Business operations and activities: overseeing all operations and business activities to ensure they produce the desired results consistent with overall strategy and mission
- Country performance: providing strategic direction and driving country development through hands-on involvement in daily operations, while creating a larger-picture vision for success and driving moral
- Compliance and Control: enforcing adherence to legal guidelines, internal & regulatory policies to maintain the company’s legality and business ethics
- Stakeholders relations: building relationships with key partners and stakeholders, acting as a point of contact for important shareholders and driving business development
- Leadership: maintaining deep knowledge of the industry and building thought leadership, developing industry presence for the business
To succeed in this position, you will need to identify, understand and communicate to the country leadership teams the key financial and non-financial drivers of value creation and how the company can leverage those to achieve desired outcomes.
- Master’s degree (MBA, MSc.) in Business Management, Finance or related field
- 15-20 years' senior-level experience within a large corporation, building a business from ground-up
- Experience in banking (SMEs), financial services is preferred
- Very good written and spoken English and Vietnamese; international working experience is a big plus
- Good communications, computer knowledge, organisational skills, negotiation skills, problem solving ability, analytical, good planning
- Highly analytical with demonstrated talent for identifying, scrutinising, improving, and streamlining complex work processes
The company has track-record and is already market leader in every country that they enter. They are backed by leading private investors and institutions in the region, and with a presence in Singapore and Indonesia, they aim to be one of the fastest growing Fintech companies in ASEAN.
If you are an excellent professional, an influencing leader, a flexible team player that thrives in environments requiring ability to effectively prioritise and juggle multiple concurrent tasks, this is the great opportunity for you.
Apply now to discuss further.