Head of Research
Consultant Thuy Nguyen
Date posted 29 October 2018 2018-10-292018-12-24 financial-services 235 Dong Khoi Street District 1 Ho Chi Minh City
A progressive and highly reputable security consultancy company is now looking for a Head of Research to join and become a part of their continued success. Based in Ho Chi Minh city, you will be working closely with an impressive portfolio of clients including retail and professional institutional clients.
About the Head of Research Role:
As the Head of Research, you will report to the GM and provide independent researches for IB work, as well as retail and institutional clients.
- Lead the research analyst team of 18, providing leadership, coaching and guidance to ensure that the team goals and objectives are met
- Oversee research reports publications, its editing as well as monitor the process of analysis and brokerage recommendations covering 100-150 companies in such sectors as banking, real estate, consumers, resources, retail, etc.
- Oversee the macro and fixed income research teams incorporating a further 3 analysts
- Act as a strategist for the research team and writes own strategy research
- Ensure that adequate support is provided to IB, IS, as well as retail teams
- Provide expert level inputs for company’s overall strategy, goals, initiatives and budgets
- Responsible for departmental budget
- Responsible for analyst hiring, compensation, development and performance management
To succeed in this Head of Research role, you will need to have at least 15 years or more of industry experience within equity research in an institutional setting – buy side or sell side and have an open, honest and direct management style.
- Relevant post-secondary education, undergrad in math, finance, accounting, economics, or related studies. CFA and/or MBA professional designation an advantage
- Manager experience overseeing a team of at least 10 analysts
- Strong research background across all disciplines: fundamental, technical and quantitative
- Prior research experience with global equities (all capitalisation) is a must
- Research content must be marketable and actionable
- Comfortable with travel and public appearances promoting our thought leadership
- Strong leadership
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven experience in developing and implementing effective project management and processes.
This securities corporation has a track record of business development in capital and enjoys success in every business milestone. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Associate Director or current Research Director to join a highly successful securities corporation and take the next step in their career.
If you are interested, please apply today.