Location Ho Chi Minh City
Consultant Tu Nguyen
Date posted 29 March 2018235 Dong Khoi Street District 1 Ho Chi Minh City Robert Walters Vietnam
An exciting and unique Investment Manager job has just become available at a leading investment firm in Vietnam.
About the Investment Manager Role:
Based in Ho Chi Minh city, you will spearhead the firm's investment activities within technology and innovation space in Vietnam and South East Asia.
- Negotiate and structure investment opportunities within technology and innovation space in Vietnam and South East Asia for Principal Investment
- Analyse the investment opportunity- research and understand the sector/ company/ transaction and prepare an investment note for the investment committee
- Develop integrated financial models
- Prepare the due-diligence plan and lead the due-diligence process for potential investments
- Lead the development, refinement, negotiation and closing of all transaction documents and advisory agreements-NDA, term sheet, SPA, SHA, advisory agreements etc
- For transactions, partner with co-investors, lead and manage the whole partnership process-including preparation of the teaser, the IM, shortlisting and selection of advisors if required (i-bank, lawyers)
- Be the owner of preparation of the status update summary of the pipeline for effective monitoring
- Manage investment portfolio and assist in value-creation opportunities
- Supervise ongoing projects and pipeline, including delegation of responsibilities and projects to junior staff/team members and daily management of their work to ensure timely completion of the deliverables
- Provide training/ guidance/coaching to the team members
To be successful in this Investment Manager role, you must possess 5-10 years of solid i-banking or deal structuring (preferably Venture Capital) in emerging markets (Vietnam ideal, but not mandatory).
- Solid foundation of Corporate Finance, including financial statement analysis, various valuation methodologies etc (mandatory), ideally for Technology companies
- Strong financial modelling skills, with experience in building sophisticated integrated financial models for investment evaluation purposes
- End-to-end investment transaction (or i-banking) execution experience
- Experience in legal documentation- NDA, term sheets, transaction documentation
- Vietnam transaction experience (not mandatory but ideal)
- Commercial acumen, along with a structured thought process
- Perpetual learning attitude
- Willingness to coach and train the team members
- Team player and hard worker
- Ability to handle pressure and perform in high pressure situations, while remaining calm and focused on the job at hand
- Excellent English speaking skills- ability to write investment notes in English and communicate with foreign investors/ partners in English (mandatory)
- Vietnamese language (mandatory)
This is an employer of choice for investment and finance professionals in Vietnam. The firm employs hundreds of staff members, all dedicated to achieving the goal of being the leading asset management, investment banking and real estate consulting firm in Vietnam.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting role.
Apply today or call me to discuss this opportunity.