Asset Management Director
Salary attractive bonus scheme
Location Ho Chi Minh CityFULL_TIME
Consultant Thuy Nguyen
Date posted 14 September 20192019-09-14 2019-11-13 financial-services Ho Chi Minh City Ho Chi Minh City VN VND 120000000 150000000 150000000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.vn https://www.robertwalters.com.vn/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A highly important and rare Asset Management Director job opportunity is now available in truly dynamic investment platform, based in Ho Chi Minh City.
About the Asset Management Director Role:
The Asset Management Director (AMD) serves as an important part of the Board of Management and oversees overall investee support and monitoring, while also serving as Head of Middle Office of the firm. On investment side, the AMD is responsible for the establishment and management of investee support projects such as on corporate governance, strategy consulting, financial management; acting as interim CFO at investees as required and supervising related Deal Managers in the investee monitoring area. In relation to investee support, the AMD also supervises portfolio of work by advisors, lawyers and related service vendors. On the Middle Office side, the AMD supervises Finance Manager and Middle Office Manager. The AMD is part of the Internal Investment Committee who approves investment appraisals before submission to Investment Committee and Board of Directors for approval and disbursement.
- Responsibilities for Investee Support and Supervision of Deal Managers in conjunction with Investment Director after deal closing
- Manage improvement projects at investees led by the firm, such as in areas of corporate governance, strategy formulation and execution, financial management improvement, etc. normally in working with reputed advisors such as Big 4
- Acts as Interim CFO at investees when required, normally between after deal closing until an official, full-time CFO appointed at investees
- Responsibilities for Legal, Risk and Financial Management: focus on the risk management activities of the firm to ensure the minimisation of operational risks
- During the investment and divestiture transaction execution stage, the AMD is responsible for leading role in managing third parties’ transaction service vendors, which include but not limited to commercial, financial, tax, legal, and technical advisory services, as well as the entire transaction execution process
- Oversees Finance Manager for areas of Accounting, Finance, Tax, Internal Audit and External Financial Audit
- Supervise investment team and directly involved in development and maintenance of equity and industry research database and in charge of in-house strategic research products
To succeed in this position, you will need to identify, understand and communicate to the country leadership teams the key financial and non-financial drivers of value creation and how the company can leverage those to achieve desired outcomes.
- A master’s degree in finance or business administration, or an internationally accredited professional accounting certificate, such as CPA or ACCA is a must
- Base of financial management experience spanning 10 to 15 years duration with a track record of successful cash management, financial reporting, financial analysis, corporate finance, investment analysis and financial information systems
- Prior experience as a AMD/Chief Financial Officer. Prior experience within a private equity houses, hedge funds, investment banks, or financial services firm would be a plus
- A track record of successful performance as a financial technician within all facets of the discipline from tax and budgetary planning to merger and acquisition due diligence, bank relations and financial communications
- Will possess strong communication skills to effectively communicate with executive management, staff, investors, operating line employees, banks, finance companies
- Strong work ethic; Demonstrated ability to effectively delegate and to manage; Strong organisational and planning skills; Proven leadership abilities
This investment group has a track record of business expansion and enjoys success in every new market sector that they enter for the last 10 years. With the goal to become a leading private equity house in Vietnam, this firm has extended its portfolio to various sectors such as clean water, toll roads, health care, and financial services.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Asset Management Director role.
Apply today to discuss this role further.