Deputy Head of Research
Location Ho Chi Minh CityFULL_TIME
Consultant Thuy Nguyen
Date posted 24 December 2018 2018-12-242019-02-22 financial-services Ho Chi Minh City Ho Chi Minh City VN VND 70000000 85000000 85000000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.vn https://www.robertwalters.com.vn/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
A newly created and highly important Deputy Head of Research is now available for senior research talents in a securities service, based in Ho Chi Minh.
About the Deputy Head of Research Role:
As the Deputy Head of Research, you will report to the Head of Department and provide independent researches for IB work, as well as retail and institutional clients.
- Lead the research analyst team of 18, providing leadership, coaching and guidance to ensure that the team goals and objectives are met
- Oversee research reports publications, its editing as well as monitoring the process of analysis and brokerage recommendations covering institutional clients in such sectors as banking, real estate, consumers, resources, retail, etc.
- Act as a strategist for the research team and write own strategy research
- Ensure that adequate support is provided to IB, IS, as well as retail teams
- Provide expert level inputs for company’s overall strategy, goals, initiatives and budgets
- Responsible for analyst hiring, compensation, development and performance management
To succeed in this Deputy Head of Research role, you will need to have at least 10 years or more of industry experience within equity research in an institutional setting – buy side or sell side and have an open, honest and direct management style.
- Relevant post-secondary education, undergrad in math, finance, accounting, economics, or related studies. CFA and/or MBA professional designation is an advantage
- Manager experience overseeing a team
- Strong research background across all disciplines: fundamental, technical and quantitative
- Prior research experience with global equities (all capitalisation) is a must
- Research content must be marketable and actionable
- Proven experience in developing and implementing effective project management and processes
This securities corporation has a track record of its research works consistently in the financial market. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Associate Director or current research professional to join a highly successful securities corporation and take the next step in their career.
If you are interested, please apply today.