Head of Securities Research Division
Location Ho Chi Minh City
Consultant Thuy Nguyen
Date posted 30 July 2018235 Dong Khoi Street District 1 Ho Chi Minh City Robert Walters Vietnam
A progressive and highly reputable security corporation are now looking for a Head of Securities Research Division to join and become a part of their continued success. Based in a fantastic location in Ho Chi Minh city, you will be working closely with an impressive portfolio of clients including retail and professional institutional clients.
About the Head of Securities Research Division Role:
As the Head of Securities Research Division, based in Ho Chi Minh City, you will report to the CEO and provide independent researches for IB work, as well as retail and institutional clients in Vietnam.
- Lead the research analyst team of 20 members, providing leadership, coaching and guidance to ensure that the team goals and objectives are met
- Oversee research reports publications, its editing as well as monitor the process of analysis and brokerage recommendations covering 100-150 companies in such sectors as banking, real estate, consumers, resources, retail, etc.
- Oversee the macro and fixed income research teams incorporating a further 3 analysts
- Act as a strategist for the research team and write own strategy research
- Ensure that adequate support is provided to IB, IS, as well as retail teams
- Provide expert level inputs for company’s overall strategy, goals, initiatives and budgets
- Responsible for departmental budget
- Responsible for analyst hiring, compensation, development and performance management
To succeed in this role, you must have 15 years or more of industry experience within equity research in an institutional setting – buy side or sell side.
- Relevant post-secondary education, undergrad in math, finance, accounting, economics, or related studies. CFA and/or MBA professional designation an advantage
- Manager experience overseeing a team of at least 10 analyst
- Strong research background across all disciplines: fundamental, technical and quantitative
- Prior research experience with global equities (all capitalisations) a must
- Research content must be marketable and actionable
- Comfortable with travel and public appearances promoting our thought leadership
- Strong leadership
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven experience in developing and implementing effective project management and processes
This financial services corporation has a track record of capital development and enjoys success at every business milestone.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Associate Director or current Research Director to join a highly successful financial services corporation and take the next step in their career.
Please apply today.