Associate Investment Director
Salary attractive bonus scheme
Location Ho Chi Minh CityFULL_TIME
Consultant Thuy Nguyen
Date posted 11 September 20192019-09-11 2019-11-10 financial-services Ho Chi Minh City Ho Chi Minh City VN VND 120000000 150000000 150000000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.vn https://www.robertwalters.com.vn/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A highly important Associate Investment Director job opportunity is now available in truly dynamic investment platform, based in Ho Chi Minh City.
About the Associate Investment Director Role:
In this business-critical role, you will be responsible for provide leadership and oversight to the firm's investment activities in Vietnam, supporting the partnership group and strategy with in country market knowledge and expertise. The Associate Investment Director’s responsibilities shall cover the full investment cycle including deal sourcing, deal screening, financial modelling & valuation, due diligence, deal structure, transaction negotiation, transaction execution, post-investment monitoring and value creation, and managing successful exits.
- Leading business development activities including identifying new investment and/or divestiture opportunities
- Assist Investment Director to supervise investment team through-out the entire transactions process including research, due diligence, financial modelling, valuation, deal structure, transaction negotiation and closing
- Provide close guidance and direction to investment team, and also ensure the required risk parameters, reviews and monitoring processes are in place to maintain quality portfolios and provide for prudent investment decision making
- Design and implement post-investment monitoring plan to investees in order to ensure maximum returns on investment
- Actively involved in value creation activities of the investee companies, including but not limited to institutional capability enhancement, corporate governance improvement, business strategy advisory, corporate performance supervision, and shareholders values maximisation
- Assess their impact on the investment climate, so as to propose appropriate investment strategies to the CEO and Investment Committee, and keeping investment strategies adaptive to investment climate changes
- Supervise investment team and directly involved in development and maintenance of equity and industry research database and in charge of in-house strategic research products
To succeed in this position, you will need to identify, understand and communicate to the country leadership teams the key financial and non-financial drivers of value creation and how the company can leverage those to achieve desired outcomes.
- Degree from an accredited institution in business administration, economics, finance and related principles is a must
- Internationally accredited professional financial analyst or finance/accounting/investment certificate (such as CFA, CAIC, ACCA, etc.) would also be preferable
- Minimum of 10-12 years related experience typically gained with a leading private equity houses, advisory firms or investment banks, of which at least three years' experience similar to the post of Director/Associate Director in reputable corporate companies
- Extensive experience with proven track record in Private Equity deal origination, project development and supervision, M&A and/or corporate development, investment banking or strategy consulting
- Excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills; analytic, self-motivated and able to work independently and as part of high functioning team
- Must possess diplomacy, persuasiveness, influencing and negotiating skills
- Strong local networks among business communities
- Fluent in English
This investment group has a track record of business expansion and enjoys success in every new market sector that they enter for the last 10 years. With the goal to become a leading private equity house in Vietnam, this firm has extended its portfolio to various sectors such as clean water, toll roads, health care, and financial services.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Associate Investment Director role.
Apply today to discuss this role further.