Head of Group Compliance (open for expat)
Location Ho Chi Minh City
Consultant Cindy Tran
Date posted 12 July 2018235 Dong Khoi Street District 1 Ho Chi Minh City Robert Walters Vietnam
A leading South East Asia-focused asset manager is looking for a Head of Compliance to manage the Compliance function across the firms' operation onshore and offshore, mainly based in HCMC with frequent travels to other offices in Asia.
About the Head of Group Compliance Role:
Based in Ho Chi Minh City, you will manage Compliance team for South East Asia-focused asset manager, with funds listed in Europe, report directly and indirectly to Chief Executive/Legal/Risk Officer. Main purpose of the job is to support the development, review, and production of policies, and guidelines, which are required to facilitate compliance with regulatory obligations, to ensure training of staff in compliance matters and to ensure compliance with regulations in different jurisdictions.
- Responsible for the management of several compliance team staff members, including oversight and execution of responsibilities, performance management, and development
- Assist the CRO in providing regulatory oversight, risk management, and forensic testing
- Collaborate with internal teams regarding new business, marketing, operations, finance and technology to create and refine policies and procedures in areas such as best execution, due diligence, performance reporting, and advertising; keep the compliance manual up to date
- Act as compliance liaison to internal committees
- Ensure robust compliance program in place to meet regulatory filings and other obligations of such nature
- Oversee the compliance team’s data production for internal and external reviews of the compliance program
- Educate and promote our compliance program to staff
- Stay up to date on all new regulations that impact the firm to ensure the business is compliant with new and existing regulations
- Work closely with the various teams within the firm to provide analysis and resolution on compliance related matters
- Drive compliance projects as required
- Minimum 5 years of compliance experience at an international asset management firm, hedge fund, multi-family office or institution
- A degree in Economics, Finance or Law major is appreciated. LLB and/or higher degree in a common law jurisdiction is a plus, but not necessary
- Familiar with international governance standards and rules re AML / KYC, privacy, conflicts of interest
- Successful management and development of individuals and teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to communicate effectively
- A results orientation with a strong sense of accountability
- High level of oral and written proficiency in English
- Ability to build effective relationships internally and externally
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and being a strong team player
The selected applicant will be able to get exposed to high level, cutting edge projects, working closely with the business side and with other top-notch in-house legal & compliance team members sitting in Vietnam and overseas. Great career progression and rewards awaits for one who is ready to take the challenge.
Apply today or contact me for further details.