Chief Risk Officer
Location Ho Chi Minh CityFULL_TIME
Consultant Cindy Tran
Date posted 08 March 2019 2019-03-082019-05-07 financial-services Ho Chi Minh City Ho Chi Minh City VN VND 200000000 300000000 300000000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.vn
A rare opportunity as Chief Risk Officer has just been available at a prestigious financial service institution in Vietnam.
About the Chief Risk Officer role:
In this critical position, you will be accountable for the risk management operations of the company, to include the integration of risk concepts into strategic planning, risk identification and mitigation activities.
- Develop and manage all of the company’s risk management functions in line with overall vision, strategy, and policies
- Be responsible for providing leadership and direction with regards to enterprise and business risk management strategies
- Define the organisation's risk appetite for Board approval and design strategy to manage and mitigate risks
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory risk obligations and appropriate operational risk requirements (including business risk, governance and internal control policies and practices) as well as applicable legal requirements
- Ensure risk-return transparency exists at all levels of the business
- Provide risk-related insights and contribute actively to the strategic agenda of the business
- Ensure the organisation's strategic objectives are aligned with its stated risk appetite, work closely with business leaders to identify and assess opportunities that offer the best risk-adjusted return, and partner with Finance to optimise the risk-return of the portfolio
- Monitor and updates the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Framework
- Ensure the regular review and update of all policies incorporated into the ERM Framework, monitor and review the stress testing program
- Be responsible for the ongoing development and evaluation of all Risk Management Governance Controls
- Reports to the Board and Senior Management on the effectiveness of risk management processes, aggregate exposures and significant issues
- Be accountable for the adequacy of and appropriateness of risk management policies, practices and limits to carry out the Risk Management mandate in line with risk appetite
- Review specific business transactions within established limits involving risk to Company and making recommendations to the CEO, COO, Board and Board Committees as appropriate
- Serve as a liaison with related government authorities in all matters concerning risk management
- University degree and advanced degree is highly desirable (i.e. Masters, CFA, FRM ...)
- Over 12 years of progressively responsible experience in large Asian/Vietnamese financial/professional service organisations, in the areas of risk management, audit or compliance.
- Proven quantitative skills, including academic training in mathematics, finance, statistics or related fields. Strong theoretical underpinnings required.
- Solid knowledge and experience in Risk Management methodologies, concepts and best practices, knowledge of corporate governance and information security requirements.
- Highly developed business acumen, well-versed experience in partnering with an executive team
This is one of the leading financial service organisation in Vietnam undertaking periodical transformation. The organisation hence willingly investing in talent and they provide great compensation and benefits package for those who enjoy tackling challenges and committed to the organisation's growth plan.
If you are motivated to try new challenges in financial service industry, this is the role for you.
Please apply directly or call me for a confidential discussion.