Location Ho Chi Minh City
Consultant Andrew Humphreys
Date posted 31 July 2018235 Dong Khoi Street District 1 Ho Chi Minh City Robert Walters Vietnam
A fantastic opportunity for a Technical Manager has arisen at a leading international construction and building materials company in Ho Chi Minh City.
About the Technical Manager Role:
In this critical role you will be responsible for managing a team of design engineers and site supervisors and be responsible for technical aspects from initially dealing with prospective customers to executing the site supervision.
- Lead the Technical team in daily operations
- Evaluate projects based on technical and financial risk, direct projects within the budget
- Ensure all technical work produced adheres to laws, regulations and technical norms
- Implement employee and customer training programs
- Support sales for tenders and for customer meetings and presentations
- Manage the local sourcing and production of form-work accessories
To succeed in the Technical Manager role you will need to be an experienced manager and have a technical background in mechanical, civil or structural engineering.
- Degree/Diploma/Certificate in civil or mechanical or structural engineering
- Minimum 6 years of engineering experience in form-work/ scaffolding
- Fluency in English
- Able to make final engineering decisions on a daily basis
- Excellent understanding of AutoCAD and advance IT skills
- Able to liaise with people at all levels from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Able to strictly respect and follow corporate compliance program
- Willing to work in a challenging emerging market, and in a start-up business environment
This aware winning international business has over 1 billion USD in sales and has a strong presence in Vietnam. The office for Vietnam is located in Ho Chi Minh City and you will report to an American Managing Director.
If you are interested in this role, please apply today.