Project Development Director
Salary VND100,000,000 - VND200,000,000 per month
Location Ho Chi Minh CityFULL_TIME
Consultant Andrew Humphreys
Date posted 12 February 2019 2019-02-122019-04-13 building-and-construction Ho Chi Minh City Ho Chi Minh City VN VND 100000000 200000000 200000000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.vn
An international developer of solar powered plant are looking for a Project Development Director in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam to complete the full project life cycle of new solar power plants.
About the Project Development Director Role:
In this position, you will responsible for managing all aspects of project development from conception until construction
- Collaborate with MOIT, ERAV, provincial PCs, DOITs, national & local EVN, and other government and utility units to gather and analyse market information
- Develop and execute a strategy to originate and successfully develop projects that meet the company’s profitability targets
- Source, evaluate, analyse, and secure land for renewable energy projects in collaboration with management, internal staff, and external consultants
- Collaborate with electric utilities to determine suitable grid connection areas, and manage all related documentation and correspondence
- Manage all aspects of project permitting including relationships with national, provincial, and local government entities; industry groups; and local stakeholders
- Collaborate with permitting, technical, legal, and financial resources that support the project development process, and transfer knowledge where applicable
- Manage lean team of land sourcing and project development professionals
- Originate, negotiate, and execute off-take agreements with large purchasers of electricity
To be a successful candidate, you should be a fluent Vietnamese speaker, you do not need to be from the solar industry but experience in solar or renewable energy will be essential.
- 10+ years experience in renewable energy, electric power, and/or real estate industries, with 5+ years working in rural areas
- Strong track record of working cooperatively with provincial and local governments
- Strong background working with internal and external stakeholders
- Multinational company experience is a plus
- Strong understanding of provincial and local permitting regulations and requirements
- Deep knowledge of the Vietnam renewable energy market
- Ability to work independently and creatively solve problems
- High level of professionalism with attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Superior time management and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Native or near-native proficiency in Vietnamese required
- Professional working proficiency in English required
This global company is an international developer of solar farms and is new in establishing itself in Vietnam. Its a fantastic opportunity to take the lead in the company development in Vietnam.
Apply now or call me for further details!