General Manager, Operation
Consultant My Pham
Date posted 22 October 20192019-10-22 2019-12-21 engineering Hanoi Hanoi VN VND 120000000 150000000 150000000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.vn https://www.robertwalters.com.vn/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A global Electronics solution-provided manufacturing company is looking to hire a General Manager , Manufacturing Operation as they plan to set up a new manufacturing near Hanoi area. As the General manager, Manufacturing Operation, you would manage the operation of manufacturing business in Vietnam
About the General Manager, Manufacturing Operation Role:
As the General Manager, Manufacturing Operation, you will provide overall leadership and managing all aspects of the operation including facilities, processes, materials, people resources, quality, delivery and safety.
- Principal interface with local OEM/CM teams for designated clients including business, technical, operations, and quality leads
- Work closely with HZO R&D, operations, application engineering, and account management teams to ensure timely and successful delivery of HZO solutions aligned to customer (i.e. OEM) needs and expectations
- Coordinate all aspects of pre-production (prototype, EVT, DVT, etc.) and mass production with contract manufacturer (CM) to ensure the total manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Establish and maintain key stakeholder relationships and coordinate all internal and external communications within and across OEM and CM
- Oversee site operations managers covering production, maintenance, quality, and logistics
- Establish and monitor overall plant performance for production and quality standards
- Partner with Sr Dir, Finance & Admin & HR on contract oversight and compliance, including health and safety
To succeed in the General Manager, Manufacturing Operation, you will have strong experience in Operation Management in Electronics field
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Engineering required (advance engineering or business degree preferred)
- 10+ years of experience in general management and plant operation experience, ideally within a heavily matrixed/multiple stakeholder global organisation
- Demonstrated BU/GM leadership in achieving/exceeding financial, operational and customer commitment KPIs in an MNC consumer electronic environment
- Strong understanding of manufacturing design, development, and production processes and contract manufacturing environment
- Familiarity with manufacturing and quality practices including lean, Six Sigma, and agile
- Ability to speak to technical, operational, and business audience at all levels
- Proficient in building relationships, across departments, of an organisation
- Strong understanding of advanced manufacturing processes (i.e. automation, robotics), material science, coatings, etc.
- Proven organisational and time management skills
- Superior people management and influence skills
- Bi-lingual (Fluent in English and Vietnamese)
This American company is a well-known company in their field which provide good working environment and career development for employees.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting General Manager job.
If you are interested please apply today.