Senior Engineering Manager
Location Ho Chi Minh CityFULL_TIME
Consultant Tu Khuong
Date posted 24 May 2022ho-chi-minh-city engineering/engineering-electrical-electronic 2022-05-26 2022-07-23 electronics Ho Chi Minh City Ho Chi Minh City VN Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.vn https://www.robertwalters.com.vn/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Senior Engineering Manager job has arisen in a leading firm in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
About Senior Engineering Manager Role:
Report directly to Operation Director, you will drive functional excellence at a global level in the use of manufacturing systems, materials and equipment, providing support and guidance to all levels of company business sectors and manufacturing operations. You will supports business development efforts with current and/or future customers and development or implementation of global engineering strategies.
- Manages global ME (manufacturing engineering) activities with focus on key operational metrics for the organisation across all business sectors
- Reduces manufacturing cost by optimising processes and systems, e.g., modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value-added processes, and use of best practices
- Introduces new manufacturing processes emerging from Advanced Manufacturing Technology (AMT) or transferred with new customers into the sustaining manufacturing organisation
- Collects global manufacturing engineering feedback and identifies issues to be addressed by ME or other global functions
- Defines, develops, and implements ME strategies which support overall objectives, business development and company strategic directions
- Executes ME activities in alignment with strategies, organisational goals and technology roadmap
- Demonstrates a good understanding of LEAN Six Sigma and actively promotes the core principles throughout the organisation
- Creates training tools, documents and procedures for global baseline ME competency training at sites
- Develops and administers training programs from level one (ME I) to Subject Matter Expert (SME)
- Provides tactical support to resolve critical technical issues as required
- Communicates at all levels of the organisation at a global level
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
To succeed in this role, you must have good communication skills in English.
- Expert knowledge engineering philosophies and processes
- Demonstrated expertise in manufacturing support systems and business process analysis
- Ability to analyse problems, identify root causes and provide efficient solutions
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with good oral and written communication skills
- Project management and team leadership experience with ability to work in a global matrix organisation
- Demonstrated ability to implement change and application of Lean and Six Sigma methodology
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or equivalent engineering discipline or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
- 10+ years recent experience in electronics manufacturing industry, preferably in a global environment.
This leading company has an outstanding international reputation in its field. This well-recognised brand offers a great working environment.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you.
Due to the high volume of applications we are experiencing, our team will only be in touch with you if your application is shortlisted.