Manufacturing Engineering Manager (Metal)
Location Binh DuongFULL_TIME
Consultant Emmanuel L'Henoret
Date posted 20 November 20192019-11-25 2020-01-19 engineering Thủ Dầu Một Binh Duong VN VND 100000000 120000000 120000000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.vn https://www.robertwalters.com.vn/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A global furniture manufacturing company is looking to hire a Manufacturing Engineering Manager (Metal). You would be based in Binh Duong, near Ho Chi Minh City.
About the Manufacturing Engineering Manager (Metal) Role:
As the Manufacturing Engineering Manager (Metal) you will manage the CAD operators/ Production engineering to complete engineering of Lighting developments and productions.
- Technical Authority for Metal - Lighting, accountable for the Method of Manufacture and compliance to Design Intent (specified by PD team) for all Metal - Lighting products
- Define and deploy Manufacturing Engineering Processes & Standards and Engineering Specifications
- Ensure all manufacturing processes and/or methods of manufacturing are capable of meeting specifications for quality, cost, delivery rate, and lead time
- Review / Audit CAD and BOM information for accuracy
- Work with wider team to ensure alignment of Manufacturing readiness and scheduling commitments
- Sign-off the production readiness (CAD approval, BOM completion, MCC’s, etc)
- Attend customer reviews and Technical reviews to ensure quality of model rooms is accurate and meets customer’s requirements
- Coordinate with the Metal Work Manager and Lighting Managers to align product capacity and ensure project time lines are met
- Own KPI process for engineering turnaround time from beginning to end
- Organise the Technical Engineering team including the Development Engineering team. Production engineering team. Packing Engineering team, Hardware Engineering team and Production process Engineering team to maintain the procedure , all works moving smoothly and full tech-pack correct, clearly and really for production
- Works with Clients/ designer to get projects in, make sure Engineering drawing correct before submit for approval, discussing on revision until drawing approved
- Work with Sourcing team with acquiring new material/ components and sources
- Works with sample floor to make sure sample reviewed each stage, any changes during sample making to be updated and documented
To succeed in the role in Binh Duong, Vietnam you will have experience in Furniture.
- Strategic thinker, able to coordinate and lead multiple projects efficiently
- Strong technical understanding of manufacturing processes
- Lean manufacturing orientated
- Cost and quality focused
- Understanding of customer’s requirements (fit for purpose oriented)
- Excellent communicator through all levels of the company
- Performance data driven to improve results across the dept
- AutoCAD capable as well as general software skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Five – 10 years’ experience in Metal – Lighting manufacturing (especially providing parts for Furniture)
This leading furniture manufacturing firm needs no introduction and has strong presence in Vietnam.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Plant Manager job.
If you are interested please apply today.