Operational Excellence Manager
Location Phu YenFULL_TIME
Consultant Tu Khuong
Date posted 11 May 2022highlands engineering/lean-lean-manufacturing 2022-05-26 2022-07-10 pharmaceuticals Phu Yen Phu Yen VN Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.vn https://www.robertwalters.com.vn/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Operational Excellence Manager job has arisen in a leading pharmaceutical company in Ho Chi Minh City Vietnam.
About the OPEX manager Role:
You are responsible for developing the strategies and capabilities to implement continuous quality and productivity improvements. Developing and deploying operational excellence methodologies to achieve local improvement objectives, by leading and coaching major initiatives and developing a site-wide operational excellence capability applicable to associate's every day work.
- Ensuring OpEx is fully integrated within the business management processes and leadership accountabilities with appropriate governance structure
- Develops the site’s OpEx road map and detailed programme plan, covering all elements of the OpEx strategy relevant to the site’s master plan and business goals and site strategy with appropriately cascaded KPIs
- Supports the SLT in balancing the detailed programme / portfolio of improvements in order to achieve well balanced, sustainable results across the breadth of performance dimension (quality, safety, supply, cost and inventory)
- Identifies and prioritises improvement projects in collaboration with SLT in support of local strategies and key objectives
- Supports management in the identification of projects leaders, members, sponsors and steering committee
- Runs multiple/strategic projects and delivers on milestones, deliverables and qualitative/financial targets using OpEx tools and methodologies. Manages the project portfolio and progress reporting. Enhances and follows up on shop floor process performance management systems
- Mentors and coaches local OpEx trained employees on projects and use of tools through to results delivery
- Supports project teams to guarantee timely delivery of agreed upon, quantifiable targets and to reach sustainable performance metrics and business benefits
- Subject matter expert in Lean and Six Sigma methodologies applied to strategic projects & business problems, to realise new opportunities or design in OpEx concepts to new processes
To succeed in this role, you must have good command of English.
- Minimum: university degree in technical or business discipline, science or medicine or pharmacy
- 6-Sigma Certified Green Belt or equivalent, Lean Manufacturing Education and Certification Project / Program Management
- Good understanding in the principles and methods of medicine manufacture and GMP attained in a pharmaceutical manufacturing environment
- Minimum three years of experience in activities in a business / manufacturing environment with proven experience driving change management in an organisation
- Possesses cultural awareness; strong mindset of continuous improvement and change management; ability to network and communicate with management of various functions and other levels.
- Fluent in English, spoken and written
- Ensures OpEx is embedded into daily operations; strengthening Lean management processes to drive performance on a daily basis and quickly respond to performance deviations. Broaden the deployment of rapid improvement methods such as Kaizen
- In collaboration with Functional Heads, ensures OpEx performance standards and end-to-end value stream process thinking are embedded in the mind-set and all key operational processes, based on an understanding of customer’s needs (internal / external)
- Ensures standard approach and process is in place on how to conduct problem-solving
- Develops OpEx communities for identification of ideas to further develop performance, OpEx thinking and culture
- Uses different mechanisms for communicating, sharing and involving employees in OpEx, ensuring appropriate mechanisms are in place to reward and recognise improvement
- Supports the development and deployment of the SLT’s change management plan in support of the OpEx roadmap
- Development of People and Capability:
- Provides training to:
- Individuals and project teams on key OpEx methodologies relevant to their improvement work
- SLT, sponsors and steering committee members
- All appropriate employees on specific OpEx tools relevant to their everyday work
- Maintains an understanding of site’s OpEx capability needs, gaps and development plans, ensures sustained OpEx engagement of OpEx trained employees
- Supports the SLT in leveraging OpEx knowledge and capabilities according to priorities/needs. Helps SLT in identification of new candidates for OpEx training and certification
- Together with the respective manager is responsible to further develop OpEx Leaders from the site and to track this in individuals’ development plans
- Perform other concerned tasks assigned by superior
This leading company has an outstanding international reputation in its field. This well-recognised brand offers a great working environment.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you.
Due to the high volume of applications we are experiencing, our team will only be in touch with you if your application is shortlisted.