Senior Mechanical Engineer(Management level)
Location Dong Nai
Consultant My Pham
Date posted 09 March 2018235 Dong Khoi Street District 1 Ho Chi Minh City Robert Walters Vietnam
An interesting Senior Mechanical Engineer job has just come available in a furniture-making company. You will be responsible for leading an engineering team to perform mechanical engineering tasks and other related activities.
About the Senior Mechanical Engineer Role:
Reporting to General Manager and based in the factory in Dong Nai, you will be the key position in the company as its related to developing, maintenance, and improvement of tools, machines, jigs, fixtures, facilities, product standards and production flows incl. the implementation of Lean manufacturing.
- Product design/standards: Product drawings
- Process/machine capability studies: Studies regarding which (machine/tool/jig/fixture/etc) capabilities are needed to effectively and efficiently produce products
- Layout and flow studies: Studies regarding to factory layout, production flow and detailed processing steps (based on Lean thinking)
- Tools: Definition, development, maintenance and improvement of tools needed to effectively and efficiently produce products
- Jigs/fixtures: Definition, development, maintenance and improvement of jigs/fixtures needed to effectively and efficiently produce products
- Equipment availability and capability: Definition, development, implementation and improvement of machine capability and availability through a preventive maintenance function
- Facilities: Definition, development, implementation and improvement of facility management, leading/ overseeing industrial engineering, maintenance and facility
- Reporting: Submit daily/weekly/monthly/yearly reports as required
- Degree in mechanical engineering with strong affinity for industrial engineering
- Strong knowledge/practical skill in project management
- Strong knowledge in material, equipment and production methods
- Strong knowledge/practical skill in Lean, 6 Sigma, TPM and statistical methods.
- Strong knowledge/practical skill in software suites to do technical drawings and 3D modelling
- Strong in communication skills incl. listening (the basis of communication) and paraphrasing
- Strong in planning and organising
- Creative personality
- Result and solution orientated
If you are a capable and driven candidate, this is the opportunity for you.
Please apply today and call me for more information