Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Location Hai Duong
Consultant Trang Nguyen
Date posted 20 March 2018235 Dong Khoi Street District 1 Ho Chi Minh City Robert Walters Vietnam
An exciting Manufacturing Engineering Manager has just come available in one of the top manufacturer in automotive industry. Being one of the core members of the green field factory in Hai Duong, you will provide effective leadership for Engineering team in the company.
About the Manufacturing Engineering Manager Role:
Report to Plant Manager, you will be based in the company factory in Hai Duong and reponsible for building up and efficiency of Manufacturing Engineering department.
- Champion growth and development of Manufacturing Engineering function
- Establish, communicate and track performance to goals and objectives for Vietnam operation on equipment & technology development and ME teams
- Plant safety, quality and delivery for pre-production builds
- Direct leadership of AME / assembly standards resources including
- Process/assembly standard definition and distribution
- Responsible for direct supervision of design for assembly resources and for facilitation of DFAM workshops with program teams
- Represent manufacturing engineering through interactions with other functional organisations including safety, quality and product engineering
- Ensure communication in the functional organisation of standards, issues and directives to drive consistent results and benefit from lessons learned
- Interface and collaborate with regional counterparts on design for assembly best practices and assembly standards
- Responsible for new product quoting (phase 1) and evaluation of innovation concepts (phase 0)
- MSO/PSO review and approval; process Flow/PFMEA/ODS/Layout review and approval
- Ensure that all Product Safety Manufacturing Certifications (PSMC) and Manufacturing Process Audits (MPA) are completed as per PLUS timing plan
To be successful in this role, you should have at least five years' experience in Manufacturing Engineering Manager position or similar positions with strategic thinking and attention to details.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Industrial or Mechanical preferred)
- Above 10 years' plant manufacturing experience (Including some experience in Lean Manufacturing System)
- Automotive industry/ Trim manufacturing background
- English communication ability (mandatory)
- Vietnamese communication ability (mandatory)
- Technical skills: PFMEA assessment, MODapts or equivalent, take time v. cycle time, line balance, asynchronous vs synchronous
- Business acumen, team player, influencer, excellent communication skills
Our client is on of the biggest manufacturer in their industry globally and comes from US with fantastic working environment and career development opportunities.
If you are motivated and want to take the step in your career, this is the opportunity for you.
Please apply today or call me for more information.