Head of Manufacturing
Location Da Nang
Consultant Trang Nguyen
Date posted 03 April 2018235 Dong Khoi Street District 1 Ho Chi Minh City Robert Walters Vietnam
An exciting Head of Manufacturing job has just come available in a US Shark Tank Winner Start up in designing, manufacturing and production of 3D cards that help people tell magical stories and create the most intricate paper art in the world.
About the Head of Manufacturing Role:
Head quarter in Boston, Lovepop has set up a rapid growing manufacturing facility in Da Nang, Vietnam and is looking for a qualified Head of Manufacturing to oversee management of all areas of manufacturing to produce products and direct activities so that approved products are manufactured on schedule and within quality standards and cost objectives.
- Assist company officers and senior staff members in the development and formulation of long and short-range planning, policies, programs and objectives
- Develop the manufacturing plan and establish procedures for maintaining high standards of manufacturing operations to ensure that products conform to established customer and company quality standards
- Achieve optimum employee levels with least amount of overhead and raw material costs to meet annual budgetary plan
- Formulate and recommend manufacturing policies and programs that guide the organisation in maintaining and improving its competitive position and the profitability of the operation
- Direct and monitor department managers to accomplish goals of the manufacturing plan, consistent with established manufacturing and safety procedures. Acts as liaison between department management/subordinate levels, as well as executive/department manager levels to inform personnel of communications, decisions, policies and all matters that affect their performance, attitudes and results
- Hire, train, develop and evaluate staff. Take corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy. Ensure compliance with current regulations. Consult with Human Resources Department as appropriate
- Identify, recommend and implement changes to improve productivity and reduce cost and scrap, monitor scrap and rework data. Direct the establishment, implementation and maintenance of production standards
- Direct and coordinate various programs essential to manufacturing procedures (e.g., training, safety, housekeeping, cost reduction, security, etc.).
- Initiate and coordinate major projects (e.g., plant layout changes, installation of capital equipment, major repairs, etc.)
In order to perform well on this Head of Manufacturing position, potential candidate should have outstanding experienced in managing operations of entrepreneurial culture companies in manufacturing and production industries
- Strong leadership, with minimum of three years' experience in managing the manufacturing of light manufacturing industries
- Demonstrated ability in running rapid growing business, ability to perform well under pressure
- Effective communication, presentation skills
- Problem solving mind-set
- Experienced in working with entrepreneurial organisation as a plus
- Strategic thinking, results driven, can do attitude
- Business acumen, ethical
Lovepop is the world's leading designer of 3D cards. Company mission is to help people do something awesome for someone they care about. Company vision is to create one billion magical moments around the world, each moment bringing people closer together through an experience that is meaningful and unexpected. At the company, you will join a rapidly growing team of very dedicated individuals on a fast expanding multinational company headquartered in Boston, MA.
If you are motivated and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you.
Apply now or call me to discuss this new opportunity.