Quality Improvement Engineer
Consultant My Pham
Date posted 10 April 2018235 Dong Khoi Street District 1 Ho Chi Minh City Robert Walters Vietnam
An attractive Quality Engineer job has just become available in one of the world's largest electronic sensors manufacturers in District 7, HCMC.
About the Quality Engineer Role:
Supporting and reporting to Quality Improvement Manager, you will be responsible for driving Quality improvement – materials, process, product, system.
- Liaise, interface and align with Quality Management (QM) for company level QM procedures, strategies and quality standards
- Drive PDCA cycle - Assist in analysing quality performance and driving continuous improvement (including customer quality contract agreement, if any)
- Identify potential quality improvements
- Monitor/review quality performance
- Support customer/external /internal audits
- Identify non-compliances against quality standards
- Conduct operator certification and assessment (visual check and packing)
- Review pilot-run report to determine impact on product quality via risk assessment and recommend appropriate release decision for TPU
- Manage non-conformances / customer complaints
- Coordinate customer returns or complaints within TPU and drive effective preventive actions and verify effectiveness of error avoidance and sustainability
- Drive/coordinate with internal suppliers (TPU-QI / Subsidiary QM) to resolve quality issues encountered. Follow up issues for closure
- Drive/coordinate with Material Quality Dept. to resolve raw materials quality issues from external suppliers
- Handle delivery lock process for products and coordinate subsequent actions such as rework, retesting and returned to stock
- Traceability (e.g. date codes, worldwide stock) of product returns or complaints across all company locations
- Establish visual product quality criteria in alignment with QM
- Degree in Quality/Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
- English is a must
- Two years of direct quality working experience preferred.
- Knowledge of ISO9000 quality system requirements may added advantage
- Knowledge of FMEA is an added advantage
This firm is one of the leading manufacturers in their field of expertise.
If you are driven and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you.