Consultant Trang Nguyen
Date posted 19 June 2018235 Dong Khoi Street District 1 Ho Chi Minh City Robert Walters Vietnam
A General Manager job has just been opened in a Hong Kong Garment Group. Based in the North of Vietnam, the General Manager will be responsible for a newly set up factory of up to 2,000 employees.
About the General Manager Role:
Reporting to the Vice President, you will be in-charge of setting up and managing the operations of the new factory close to Hanoi to achieve the corporate targets.
- Set up, manage and lead overall management for a 1,000+ employees garment factory in Vietnam
- Full responsibility for P&L, lead operation with support of production managers to ensure on-time delivery, quality made and manufacturing cost
- Work with sales and merchandising teams to follow up loading and order planning
- Liaise with customers to ensure good customers’ relation and service provided
- Oversee HR, EHS, compliance and other functions, establish and maintain a healthy and effective work relationship with local authorities
- Oversee quality made by the factory
- Strong driver for business development and fulfil orders on FOB basis, understand well sourcing business and practices
- Build a healthy and harmony work environment and relationship with all the workforce
In order to perform well in this role, you should have experience in leading the similar size factory in garment industry.
- Good spoken and written English. Good understanding of Vietnamese language is a plus
- Strong leadership and people management skill, good at building healthy and lawful relationship with government agencies
- Know quality management system/process
- Understand P&L, know financial reporting
- Know well social compliance
- Strong driver for system implementation & pull process management
- Strong production/manufacturing background, proven records of leading sizeable garment manufacturing operation
- Lean/TPS knowledge
- Over 10 years of experience in a senior management role
If you are an expert in manufacturing and production of garment sector, this is the opportunity for you.
Apply today or call me for further information.