Location Binh DuongFULL_TIME
Consultant Trang Nguyen
Date posted 06 September 2018 2018-09-062018-10-26 manufacturing-and-production 235 Dong Khoi Street District 1 Ho Chi Minh City Robert Walters Vietnam
A newly created Technical Director job (open for expats) has just come available in an US contract manufacturing service company having manufacturing plant in Vietnam. Reporting to the GM/VP of the company, you will be responsible to make strategic and high level decisions within the Technical and Engineering areas in the entire organisation.
About the Technical Director Role:
Leading entire engineering and technical team of this highly growing organisation, Technical Director shall take a part in the executive team and responsible for the overall strategy and direction of the company across business functions in Vietnam factory.
- Responsible for managing all product development functions at the factory in Vietnam
- Direct reports are Mechanical and Electronic Engineering departments. Lead the Technical teams by inspiring and motivating. Ensure personal development training plans are in place
- Guide new product development and sustaining work
- Provide Engineering and Technical support across the business - Operations, Supply Chain, Finance
- Report on the status of NPI and new opportunities to business unit managers
- Be a driver of best business practices. Implement a group culture centred on continuous improvement
- Support Operations and Procurement to drive Lean and continuous improvement both internally and externally
- Liaise with external business unit teams to drive decision making and meet product roadmaps. Ensure efficient and productive communication between business units
The successful candidate will need to have experience in contract manufacturing and production industry, and have working experience in the region (China, Malaysia, Singapore preferably).
- Possess a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, or other technical degree
- Post graduate in technical field or MBA is a plus
- Extensive manufacturing experience in Asia. Direct experience in the contract manufacturing or EMS field highly desirable
- Be practical, hands on with a "can do" attitude
- Promote a teamwork culture and build effective relationships across the business
- Understand customer needs and be able to turn requirements into innovative strategic solutions
- Identify and lead change and continuous improvement
- Be a self-starter with excellent leadership skills
The company offers a dynamic, friendly and transparent working environment with very good potential to grow. Technical Director shall act as a member of Board of Director of the company.
If you are a driven candidate with relevant working experience, this is the opportunity for you.
Please apply today or call me for further information.