Senior Production Manager
Consultant Trang Nguyen
Date posted 01 October 2018 2018-10-012018-11-18 manufacturing-and-production 235 Dong Khoi Street District 1 Ho Chi Minh City Robert Walters Vietnam
An attractive, challenging and exciting Production Manager job has just come available in the one of the world top manufacturing company in pharmaceutical & medical devices industry. Based in the global standard factory in Hanoi, the Production Manager shall provide leadership for entire production team.
About the Production Manager Role:
Reporting directly to Plant Manager, you will lead production team of close to 900 people in state of the art factory in Hanoi.
- Plan, direct, and monitor all production activities within an assigned department to maximise the use of the organisation's resources and meet established production specifications and schedules; volume, cost, and wastage targets and quality standards
- Develop and implement manufacturing schedules and procedures and allocate labour and capital resources to maximise productivity
- Analyse production, maintenance, and malfunction records to identify problems and initiate solutions (for example changes to procedures, workflow, or equipment) that will improve performance
- Liaise with other functional or departments (for example in SCM, Engineering / Project or Sales) to understand their current and future product needs and develop plans, cost estimates, and schedules for integrating these needs into existing production activities
- Plan, prioritise and manage production line maintenance or downtime to minimise disruptions to manufacturing schedules
- Lead, direct, evaluate, and develop a team of section managers and supervisors who are responsible for various production activities such as assembly, machine operation, processing, treating, or packaging
- Manage activities of a department with 2 or more section or sub-functions. Responsible for budget, cost, method, and employee results. May modify the structure of their organisational department upon senior management approval
- Determine departmental objectives, set goals and delegate assignments to subordinates. May have responsibility on one company major functional area
- Develop and ensure the timely completion of medium and short-term objectives and/or complex projects. Initiate changes to organisational policies
In order to perform well in this position, you should have solid experience of production management in manufacturing and production companies with preferred background in Engineering, TPM, CI/Opex.
- Bachelor's degree with 8 years of related working experience or master's degree or higher with 5 years of related working experience
- Experience in managing both manual assembling and automated production
- Thorough knowledge of business practices and procedures and in-depth knowledge in one functional area
- Ability to drive the application of company policy, business objectives and determines the best business action in owned functional areas
This is a European organisation with very good working environment and great opportunities to develop your professional career.
If you are driven and capable candidate, please apply today or contact me for your information.