Location Ho Chi Minh City
Consultant Emmanuel L'Henoret
Date posted 19 October 2018235 Dong Khoi Street District 1 Ho Chi Minh City Robert Walters Vietnam
An exciting role of Plant Manager has just come available in one of the biggest manufacturers in building material industry. Based in Hiệp Phước (near HCMC), you will assign the appropriate tasks for staffs and manage team to achieve the goals as schedule.
About the Plant Manager Role:
Reporting to Operations Director, you will be expected to manage the plant as a world class manufacturer to support company vision to be a leader in the market.
- Understand company EHS standards, local legislation
- Improve number of hours without lost time accident
- Risk assessment is implemented at least once per year or whenever process/ organisation have changed for all area of the plant. Major risk reduction plans to be identified and executed to reduce risks at acceptable levels
- Clear rout map of safety standard compliance improvement every year
- Site risk audit score improved
- Local legal compliance 100%
- Solid waste is reduced every year
- Understand plant cost structure, identify key losses then saving projects identified and executed. Prepare to submit plant operation cost, capex budgets every year and long run plans (> =3 years)
- Manage quality of incoming materials, production, engineering teams, process quality controls to have competitive quality and costs. Measure to understand quality of relevant products from main competitors regularly to have quick adaptations to maintain or improve competitive advantages
- Standard skill sets for each level of employees. Measure to understand the gaps frequently. Training/ coaching plan identified. Work closely with HR to have clear development training plans and implemented to close the gaps. Succession planning to be completed for all key roles
- Apply WCM tools to improve plant performance
The successful candidate will have to identify plant objectives aligned with business requirements for each year. Plant KPIs to measure each objective and monitor for improvements.
- Relevant major of the qualification: Mechanical/electrical
- Area of required working experience: 10 years
- 2 years as plant manager
- Able to work hard and overtime when necessary
- Disciplined, committed, dedicated
This leading multinational firm has an outstanding international reputation in its field and strong presence in Vietnam.
If you are driven and want to take a new step in your career, this is the role for you.