Consultant Emmanuel L'Henoret
Date posted 24 October 2018 2018-10-242018-12-21 engineering 235 Dong Khoi Street District 1 Ho Chi Minh City
An exciting role of Product Engineer has just come available in one of the biggest manufacturers in furniture industry. Based in Binh Duong, you will coordinate with US CQI engineers in understanding of Asia office engineering documentation, manage, set-up, update, and maintain all engineering standard documentations.
About the Product Engineer Role:
Reporting to Engineering Director, you will be expected to manage the plant as a world class manufacturer to support company vision to be a leader in the market.
- Coordinate and review documents from the QA teams regarding to AIS, carton lay-outs, and RPDF’s. Submit to Engineering Manager for final review and approval
- Coordinate with the QA teams for any ECO implementation such as changes, or improving of structures, constructions, and designs. Then, initiate ECO process and documents for approval
- Keep tracking, and pushing of the pending and for un-submitted ECO documents
- Disseminate to all teams, vendors the approved ECO documents. Upload all approved ECO, or any documents to the company systems
- Prepare an ECO, move products, and new go products tracking list for monitoring of every status and for documentation processes. Send email notification to all personnel weekly
- Monitor and check RP parts, packaging, and documentation before shipping
- Support to QA teams on PPR’s white wood sample’s review, drop testing of pre- production unit (PPU), Jigs verification and assessment
- Analyse and implement improvements of every teams raised issues and concerns
- Coordinate with any US Engineer in creating and maintaining company’s engineering and product standard specification
- Follow up on completion of CLS microform, VVS, and SKU specification
The successful candidate will have to initiate engineering training, project tasks, to both suppliers, and quality teams.
- College and above, Engineering or Technical Science background is a plus
- A knowledgeable with Furniture, material specifications, hardware, and packaging process
- Engineering experience of different kind of furniture is an advantage; a finishing knowledge of traditional and modern furniture is an advantage
- Knowledgeable with furniture compliance, and labelling is not a compulsory requirement
- An experience of furniture engineering procedures, and methodology is an advantage
- Well users of AutoCAD, and MS Office software is a must
- Familiar with furniture process and stability requirements
- A good in oral/speaking both Vietnamese, and English. Chinese speaker is an advantage
- A good team player. Can work with less supervision, and in a high pressured environment
- A detail oriented person
This firm has an outstanding reputation in its field and strong presence in Vietnam.
If you are driven and want to take a new step in your career, this is the role for you.