Consultant Emmanuel L'Henoret
Date posted 25 October 2018 2018-10-252018-12-21 engineering 235 Dong Khoi Street District 1 Ho Chi Minh City
An exciting Operations Manager job has just become available in one of the biggest manufacturers in plastic industry. Based in Bien Hoa, you will have to manage the effective operations of production team, as well as HR issues relationships for team members.
About the Operations Manager Role:
Reporting to the General Manager, you will be expected to manage the effective operations of the production team, as well as HR issues relationships for team members. You will supervise a Maintenance Manager.
- Follow production plans, as well as group standard processes; assure feasibility of production plans
- Achieve financial targets: prepare and present the budget; manage the actual production costs based on 'ideal' costs; improve product margins, and monitor / improve serial productivity
- Manage the team: ensure appropriate staffing, maintain working environment according to Group Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) standards, detect and advise training needs, share information (transparency), participate in career management initiatives, etc.
- Be an official plant representative to the customer: meet customer specifications concerning cycle time, delivery, quality, quantity, and costs; implement preventative and corrective measures in the production process to assure that customer demands are properly met; coordinate with client's quality team to meet all customer standards
- Implement actions plans in order to improve functionality/productivity and to reach Group objectives; make necessary corrective adjustments
- Coordinate resource planning with engineering department concerning stocks, equipment, staffing, activities, etc.
- Maintain dashboard indicators/status reports to monitor lead time, supply-chain targets, HSE performance, etc.
- Develop maintenance procedures and ensuring their appropriate implementation
- Carry out audits of the facilities to identify and resolve issues
- Check electrical and hydraulic systems of buildings to ensure functionality
The successful candidate will need to have a solid experience in production position.
- Master's degree in engineering with a specialisation in production
- At least 10 years of production experience
- 5 years of team management experience
- Operational knowledge of production methods (Kanban, 5S, Hoshin, TPM, GPAO)
- Minimum bi-lingual (Good English level mandatory)
- Sign compliance document related to the company ethical code chart
This leading multinational firm has an outstanding international reputation in its field and strong presence in Vietnam.
If you are driven and want to take a new step in your career, this is the role for you.
Robert Walters Singapore is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.