Salary Expat benefitsFULL_TIME
Consultant Andrew Humphreys
Date posted 12 November 2018 2018-11-122019-01-08 engineering 235 Dong Khoi Street District 1 Ho Chi Minh City
A global manufacturing business is looking for a General Manager to run their plant in Vietnam and report directly to HQ in Europe.
About the General Manager Role:
As the General Manager you will be responsible for the entire business in Vietnam which consists of a factory in Binh Duong as well as the support functions.
- Lead the existing company base, secure cooperation base among finance, operations, sales, drive further development for expansion with a strong technical focus, but also having a clear drive into business and markets, to develop company in Asia
- Strategic planning for company, create options, drive decision work on future business development for company
- Management of the business in all aspects (operational, financial, HR, procurement, sales)
- Lead and drive the further expansion of company
- Support the European procurement to source from Asia; support M&A activities in Asia
- Close cooperation with relevant SBA’s and group functions
- Elaborate business plans and investment plans
- Responsibility for the entire budget (and FC) for company
- Go for continuous improvement, define and achieve cost improvements
- Elaborate and define the operational targets in the mill together with the team
- Align and agree those targets in the reporting line
- Run and strengthen lean management cycle
- Resource planning HR and people development
- Manage the relation with local authorities, companies
- Manage in alignment with central procurement search and first evaluation of new possible Asian suppliers for company (raw materials, machinery)
To succeed in this role you will need to be committed to living and working in South East Asia as well as having plant and general management skills.
- Asia know-how and high command of business understanding
- Very good communication skills
- Structured and analytical, but also hands on
- Technical understanding
- Leader, networker, willingness to learn
- Highly performance & achievement driven
- Strong interest for further business development
- Negotiation skills
- Quality and customer focus,
This is a market leading European business, well established in Vietnam and looking to grow new production lines.
If you are motivated and want to take the next step in your career, then this is the role for you.