Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Location Binh DuongFULL_TIME
Consultant Trang Nguyen
Date posted 16 November 2018 2018-11-162019-01-13 manufacturing-and-production 235 Dong Khoi Street District 1 Ho Chi Minh City Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.vn
An attractive Manufacturing Engineering Manager job has just been open in a newly set up foreign direct investment manufacturing company in Binh Duong area. Working closely with colleagues in other countries like US, China, Europe. This high energy technical leader will build and lead the manufacturing engineering team as well as to support successful launches of new products into manufacturing with the global design teams.
About the Manufacturing Engineering Manager Role:
Your focus will include facility layout and optimisation, productivity efforts to drive best cost, quality, lead time and safety through lean, automation, IE and six sigma tools, and on-going product support. Since new product development is a core strategy for the company, building a high calibre engineering team, project leadership, processes and systems to work with global design teams, is a major requirement of this role.
- Participate as a member of the factory management team to build the team and capabilities of the factory to ensure delivery of tactical and strategic goals
- Hire, develop, and lead team of highly technical and capable engineer’s to support manufacturing and new product initiatives in the factory
- Lead setup and optimisation efforts of factory, flow, equipment, permits
- Drive continuous improvement culture in all areas of the operation to drive towards world class cost, quality, delivery and safety. Lead at least 10% annual saving productivity projects and efforts
- Successful implementation of automation, thru kaizen projects, and other continuous improvement tools
- Development of new product introduction team and systems to ensure successful implementation of new products into mass production. Communicate and work directly with colleagues in USA, China, Europe and ANZ on technical, scheduling, and other key project-related issues
- Development and qualification of local supply base for direct and indirect materials/suppliers
- Drive for DFM; drive for standardisation in terms of process, material delivery method
- Develop database for indirect material standard, drawings for jig & fixtures as well as automation equipment maintenance
- Comply with all company products procedures covering new product development and design output in addition to procedures of non-engineering departments related to project flow
- Identify project risks and implement risk reduction plans
In order to perform well in this role, you should have at least 2 years' experience in similar roles in electrics/mechanical equipment manufacturing and production companies.
- Bachelor of science degree in Engineering, preferred in industrial or mechanical engineering areas
- Minimum 7 years of engineering experience in related field
- Must possess a high level of Industrial and/or Mechanical engineering aptitude. Strong technical background on metal machining, assembly or mechanical and electronic products. Plastic injection, heat-treatment and metallurgy knowledge is an advantage
- Fluent Vietnamese and English communication skill is required – written and spoken. Mandarin and plus
- Able to travel to US and China freely
- A strong man-manager, capable of developing and driving team to achieve results
- Good communication, listening and interpersonal skills
- A self-starter with a ‘hands-on’ approach. Eager to drive key initiatives & projects and see them through to successful implementation, on-time and on-budget
This is a fast moving household equipment manufacturing company with strong potential to expand their presence in Vietnam. Joining this company, you will have opportunity to building your own team and work in a professional and driven working environment.
If you are a strong technical expert and manager, this is the opportunity for you.
Please apply today or call me for further information.