Location Ho Chi Minh CityFULL_TIME
Consultant Trang Nguyen
Date posted 21 November 2018 2018-11-212019-01-20 manufacturing-and-production 235 Dong Khoi Street District 1 Ho Chi Minh City Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.vn
An exciting General Manager position has just come available in a European company in packaging industry. Basing in the location which is close to HCMC, the General Manager shall in charge oversea the operations of the company in Vietnam.
General Manager will have profound understanding about Vietnamese culture and regulations and provide strategic direction for the Vietnam operations to achieve the organisation’s objectives.
- Set up and manage a fast-pace, high-volume, efficient procurement operation including vendor selection, supplier assessment, export logistics, quality and human resource functions
• Build relationships with Customers at Senior/Director level
• Review strategies for Lean Manufacturing
• Responsible for the operational management of the company's two offices (HCMC & Hanoi) and ensure smooth operations to meet the business strategic needs
• Provide leadership and management to the Vietnam operations and responsible for the day- to-day running of all the departments including Purchase, Quality, Finance, Human Resources and Administration
• Review local market intelligence and support direct sourcing of various product categories
• Maintain active communication flow across all offices worldwide, align with organisational strategy, and ensure adherence to compliance & guidelines
• Drive social and environmental responsibilities
• Ensure that monthly shipment, expense, and profit goals are attained
• Oversee the annual year-end financial audit and delivery of the year-end tax submission to the government authorities
• Conduct annual performance appraisals for staff, including the establishment of objectives for the following year
In order to succeed in this role, you should have a people management skill with excellent communication skill and experienced in working with Vietnamese staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Manufacturing or Engineering
- Experienced working in Vietnam is preferable
- A minimum of 5 years of experience at similar level in manufacturing and production companies for UK/EU markets
- Solid understanding of Vietnamese business law and regulatory issues. Coordinate all activities with governmental offices, to ensure compliance with regulatory, legal, and financial matters
- Fluent English and Vietnamese
Our client is an MNC with offices in the UK and Asia.
If you are a driven and experienced General Manager with strong stakeholder management skills, this is the opportunity for you.
Please apply today or contact me for further information.