Senior Technical Manager
Location Binh DuongFULL_TIME
Consultant Emmanuel L'Henoret
Date posted 28 November 2018 2018-11-282019-01-27 engineering 235 Dong Khoi Street District 1 Ho Chi Minh City Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.vn
A brand new Senior Technical Manager position responsible to make furniture constructions, drawings, and prototypes based on input from our designers and commercial product development team. This position has become available at one of the world-leading furniture companies based in Binh Duong, Vietnam.
About the Senior Technical Manager Role:
- The Technical Department’s main responsibilities are to make furniture constructions, drawings, and prototypes based on input from our designers and commercial product development team
- They develop hundreds of new products every year in an international and very dynamic environment where time, cost, quality and sustainability are keywords for the technical work
- To help them with this they have around 40 engineers/technicians and two prototype workshops with around 60 people
- Manage and develop technical activities including Technical Development, Constructions, Technical Drawings, Prototype Production, Product Standardisation, R&D, and Technical Support to commercial functions
- Manage performance of the technical teams to ensure achievements related to budget, support to product management, and support to production
- Develop and build strong technical managers and technical experts and develop a pipeline of talents
- Assist commercial functions in customer meetings and communication
- Lead cooperation with technical universities and knowledge centers
- Cooperate closely with the Operations Director on technical development and challenges
- Continuously improve technical solutions, data discipline, and standard operation procedures
- Strong technical background like a Master Degree in engineering within a relevant area of technology
- Minimum 10 years’ experience from technical positions in international BTB manufacturing industry
- Strong experience with project management in a multi-project environment
- Experience with managing a major group of engineers and technicians in an international company. South East Asia manufacturing experience is a plus
- Experience with international customer contact
- Experience form a CSR committed company and understanding for sustainable manufacturing and “Doing Business the Right Way”
- Capability to independently become an expert in new technology
- Team player and Coach with commercial interest and understanding
- Experience with latest relevant software tools as Pro Engineer, Inventor, Mechanical Desktop and other technical software
- Fluent in English writing and speech is a must
This company is one of the leading furniture companies in the world. They are seeing exceptional growth in Vietnam at the moment and expect this to continue in the coming years.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.