Consultant Emmanuel L'Henoret
Date posted 07 January 2019 2019-01-072019-03-03 engineering Ho Chi Minh city VN VND 100000000 200000000 200000000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.vn
An exciting role of R&D Manager has just become available in an European manufacturer in furniture industry in Philippines. Based near Cebu, Philippines, this company aims to be the leader in innovation using design-to-market cutting edge technologies in the furniture business.
About the R&D Manager Role:
In this position, you will effectively and efficiently plan, organise, lead, control and manage the Research & Development Department in Cebu, Philippines. You will be accountable for the prototyping, research, development and engineering of innovative, quality, safe, competitive and performing products. At the same time, you will be responsible for maintaining an effective and productive operation geared towards excellent Customer Service level, optimum utilisation of resources and maintaining the quality standards of all processes.
- Manage internal procedure prioritisation and outside relationships
- Schedule and organise product development, product engineering, product testing and documentation plans
- Write, evaluate and update functional and feature specifications and descriptions, user interface, project descriptions and objectives, and relationships to other systems
- Write status reports and coordinate project resources
- A high degree of leadership and management competency is required to ensure that the department meets internal customer expectations in order to obtain smooth production flow
- The position reports directly to the Creative Director and coordinates closely with the Product Managers for all Design Direction for a smooth turnover of products to manufacturing
- The challenges of the position are to increase the efficiency and productivity of operations flow through work measurement, methods improvement, materials optimisation, cost-benefit studies and establishment and improvement of products standards
The successful candidate will have to be able to manage multiple assignments and tasks concurrently and meet deadline.
- Engineering graduate, preferably a licensed Mechanical Engineer
- Have at least five years' experience in a manufacturing firm, preferably with exposure on Research & Development, Product Engineering and/or Production from a furniture or metal industry in Asia Pacific
- Computer literate; with excellent English communication skills
- Must have excellent leadership and analytical capabilities; high proficiency in mathematics and cost estimate analysis
- Able to maintain focus and commitment in a fast growth environment
- Proven leader, coach and developer of top talent
- Possesses good interpersonal skills
This company needs no introduction and is recognised in their field of expertise.
If you are driven and want to take a new step in your career, this is the role for you.
Apply now for this new opportunity.