Location Ho Chi Minh CityFULL_TIME
Consultant Emmanuel L'Henoret
Date posted 01 February 2019 2019-02-012019-04-02 manufacturing-and-production Ho Chi Minh City Ho Chi Minh City VN VND 55000000 65000000 65000000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.vn
An exciting role of Sourcing Manager has just become available in an Western sourcing office in a high end furniture industry in Ho Chi Minh City. Based in Ho Chi Minh City, this company aims to create handmade lacquer furniture & accessories by renowned designers in London and New York and skilled craftsmen in Saigon.
About the Sourcing Manager Role:
In this position, you will effectively and efficiently plan, organise, lead, control and manage the production, the development, the relationship with suppliers and the communication.
- Create detailed production schedule; obtain quotes for the US and UK (always comparing 3 suppliers)
- Receive orders from the US/UK and proceed with production at Ho Chi Minh City suppliers; daily follow up with suppliers to keep track of production status and problem solving; ongoing reporting of production status to UK head office
- Oversee construction of all pieces and custom colour matching; manage the Quality Assurance and Quality Control process of other staff; manage quality control of packaging before shipping; manage the Production Assistant
- Check AutoCAD drawings; weekly production meetings with London to review production schedule
- Develop new products with suppliers; negotiate best prices for all products; coordinate between suppliers for correct and smooth product development; find new suppliers and sourcing materials
- Work closely with suppliers and their staff
- Maintain relationships with key suppliers for sustainable and competitive sources, and remaining aware of new supplier options
- Make sure the suppliers meet the Company’s high quality standards
- Discuss production problems with suppliers and secure credit notes
The successful candidate will have experience in a quality assurance position or other related roles.
- Reply to all emails within 24 hours
- Provide all custom quotes within three working days
- Provide AutoCAD drawings within two working days (drawings done by Technical Assistant)
- Work both in the office and at factory
- BA or Diploma with major in Furniture Design or Engineering with management experience
- One year experience as a furniture technician is a PLUS
- Have experience working with US, UK or Europe based companies is a PLUS
- Have experience working with factories in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of: furniture technical; furniture quality control; furniture materials (especially lacquer) is a plus
- Technical drawing skills in AutoCAD (not compulsory); perfect written and spoken English; strong vendor assessment skills; able to work independently; well organised and efficient; ability to use Microsoft Office
This company needs no introduction and is recognised in their field of expertise.
If you are driven and want to take a new step in your career, this is the role for you.
Apply now for this new opportunity.