Development Research and Project Manager
Location Binh DuongFULL_TIME
Consultant Emmanuel L'Henoret
Date posted 04 March 2019 2019-03-042019-05-03 engineering Binh Duong Binh Duong VN VND 40000000 65000000 65000000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.vn
An exciting Development Research and Project Manager job has just become available in Binh Duong in one of the furniture leader.
About the Development Research and Project Manager Role:
The Development Research and Project Manager is accountable for researching, locating & visiting current and potential vendors of Indoor & Outdoor furniture and home furnishing products across various geographical locations, primarily in Vietnam as well as follow-up with development projects that relate to company business. The information gathered during these visits will be entered into database for documentation as well as communicated to SE Asia Product Development Manager and Country Manager directly. This position is responsible for planning and executing their daily work and reporting their results. Excellent communication with Manager is required, English is required, and additional languages would be beneficial.
- Visit Furniture Shows (as determined by Manager); collects new design concepts, potential new supplier information, and understand products in the marketplace
- Visit new vendors and communicate with vendors to get information. Complete vendor visit report and update to database
- Update potential vendors' status and product information from vendor visits & furniture shows using PI & Vendor Visit System
- Keep up relations and good communication with current vendors: Follow up with current and potential vendors periodically to stay up to date on their situation and on top of opportunities
- Complete research for regions, material and its suppliers to determine opportunities
- Manage and follow up with product development projects
- Cooperate with other departments, provide information, understanding of project research priority
- Communicate with SE Asia Development Manager routinely
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by manager
- Meet goals and objectives set by Management; Visits per month, PI entries per month, New Vendor Success rate, New Product successes
To be a successful candidate, you must possess a good work ethic and be familiar with US furniture.
- Education Background: College graduate or above.
- Working Experience: At least two years' working experience in the same position or equivalent
- Familiar with US furniture preferred
- Good communication skill in English required. Additional languages preferred
- Can work independently, is trustworthy, motivated, team spirited, and responsible
- Good organising and planning skill
- Shows initiative to complete tasks and support even if outside normal job description
- Proficient in MS Office, Email, Photography, Presentations and other computer skills
This leading multinational firm has an outstanding international reputation in its field and a strong presence in Vietnam.
If you are driven and want to take a new step in your career, this is the role for you.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.