Location Binh DuongFULL_TIME
Consultant Emmanuel L'Henoret
Date posted 20 August 20192019-08-20 2019-10-19 engineering Tan Uyen Binh Duong VN VND 200000000 250000000 250000000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.vn https://www.robertwalters.com.vn/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting job opportunity of a Finishing Director for a furniture factory has arisen in Binh Duong.
About the Finishing Director Role:
In this business critical role, you will lead the Research & Development strategy and associated activities for all new finishing processes and techniques.
- Lead the sampling process to validate the ‘manufacturability’ of all new / modified finishing processes
- Lead First Of Production (FOP) process for finishing, including relevant and timely approvals from Customer and Production/other internal stakeholders
- Ensure all manufacturing readiness checks are complete before introducing finishes to the floor, including all necessary documentation and operator and QC training
- Monitor finishing process compliance on an ongoing basis and controlled changes as needed
- Support the production operation to resolve any in-line quality issues, eliminating colour and finishing technical problems
- Drive finishing performance improvement activities in terms of:
- Partnering with chemical suppliers to identify and embed process improvements that enable the year-on-year reduction and minimisation of chemical consumption and ‘waste’ / cost
- Proactively seek out and validate new ways to achieve the same/better finishing outcomes through less or simplified production processes
- Reduce the ‘margin of error’ for operators by automating activities, improving standards, documentation and training
- Company-wide technical authority on all finishing and finishing quality-related activities
- As the Company Expert, conduct external market, global trend and competitor bench marking for furniture finishing, ensuring the company maintains and develops its reputation as a leading edge innovator of new finishes that enable continuous product developments that lead the marketplace and increase market share
- Lead, organise, manage, and direct Technical Finishing (development and production support) and Sample Making teams
To succeed in the role, you should have a strong understanding about Furniture Production and Operations.
- Furniture finishing technical expert with five to ten years' finishing experience minimum
- Detailed, analytical
- Interpersonal skills and awareness
- Ability to foster teamwork- building collaborative relationships
- Results orientation through accountability
- Problem solving
- Lean Manufacturing
- Knowledge of Supply Chain Management
- Basic IT skills including MS Office
This leading multinational firm has an outstanding international reputation in furniture and strong presence in Vietnam.
If you are driven and want to take a new step in your career, this is the role for you.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.