Footwear Leather Quality Control
Location Binh DuongFULL_TIME
Consultant Ngan Thai
Date posted 22 October 20192019-10-22 2019-12-21 manufacturing-and-production Thủ Dầu Một Binh Duong VN VND 40000000 50000000 50000000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.vn https://www.robertwalters.com.vn/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A new job opportunity in footwear industry, working for a U.S. global brand has arisen for the position of Leather Quality Control. This position will be the bridge between regional offices and their suppliers/ factories in Vietnam.
About the Footwear Leather Quality Control Role:
This position will be individual contributor reporting directly to Leather QC Manager.
- Leather inspections in tannery level to assure that the leathers are complying to the standards given, such as article, colour, thickness and grading, etc. in order to make sure that the product meets client’s specified standards prior to shipment release to the factory
- Work proactively with tanneries identifying potential quality issues related to the raw material or leather processing that will put in risk the product integrity or when noticing the overall tannery or article quality is going down, working with the supervisor and tanneries to make sure the quality will be re-installed in the next production lots
- Keep a good channel of communication with other departments such as Production, Planning, and Testing in what refers to the quality, performance or deliverable of the leathers inspected
- Work actively with the supervisors to find solutions and best alternatives for production issues. When is necessary to make production trials before releasing the production to factories, do a proper follow up with the factories and participate, whenever is possible, of the final decision.
To succeed in the role, you must have deep knowledge on leather inspection techniques, namely Satra Sum.
- Minimum five years' experience with footwear companies in area of Leather Quality control
- Extensive knowledge on the Tanning Process from Raw Hide through Finishing
- Knowledge of the Leather Footwear process
This client has been a trailblazing example in the shoe-making industry. They believe in Innovation, Dedication, Balance, Riders as Athletes and their Core Values are Integrity, Respect, Quality, Innovation, Teamwork.
If you find this opportunity interesting, this could be the role for you.
Please give me a call or apply now.