Location Ho Chi Minh CityFULL_TIME
Consultant Trang Nguyen
Date posted 05 December 2018 2018-12-052019-02-03 manufacturing-and-production 235 Dong Khoi Street District 1 Ho Chi Minh City Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.vn
Attractive Technical Manager position covering Vietnam and Thailand has just come available in one of the leading chemical company. Handling regional scope, Technical Manager shall take lead for the excellent customer advisory activities of the company in Vietnam.
About the Technical Manager Role:
Report to Regional Application Manager (based outside of Vietnam), Technical Manager shall base in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, travel between countries in the Region to clients and work with company development team to provide excellent products/ services to client in adhesive and coatings industry.
- To represent externally for the company in the defined market area, i.e. coatings, adhesives and specialities
- To conduct customers or internal S & D personnel a technical education on a regular basis to promote PUR technology & CAS products; presenting technical information during trade fairs and seminars; being caretaker of to be assigned industry and update industry info
- Application Development, manage technical projects efficiently starting from project identification, sampling, trial both internal CAS lab or external customer location, approval till commercialisation
- To handle promptly all technical enquiries from the customer in co-ordination with other departments including technical complaints monitoring & execution, and to be accountable for their completion even when other stakeholders are involved
- Able to look & analyse the whole Value Chain of CAS relevant industries ie. end-users contacts, forward marketing implementation
- To write after each visit a concise visit report with relevant circulation clear actions. These reports should also include: accurate information regarding customer, market, competitor actions; forecast information and any other information regarding the customer as may be requested on an ad hoc basis e.g. customer segmentation according to Tailored Services etc.
- To collaborate with colleagues within the regional ASEAN or APAC, international, global account community
To succeed in this role, you should have at least three years' managerial/supervisory experience.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Polymer/Chemical/Surface Coating Engineering or equivalent, Master' s of Business Administration (M.B.A.) is preferred
- 10 -12 years of experience in either Technical, Production or Lab in Paint or Adhesive manufacturing and production company.
- At least seven years of experience in Business Development, Application development, Technical Consulting or related field
- Fluent in English
Our client is one of the leading global chemical company providing game changing products.
If you are driven chemical expert, this exciting career opportunity is for you.
Please apply today or call me for more information.