Location Ho Chi Minh CityFULL_TIME
Consultant Khoa Deo
Date posted 25 November 2022ho-chi-minh-city engineering-manufacturing/furniture-sourcing-and-manufacturing 2022-11-25 2023-01-24 furniture Ho Chi Minh City Ho Chi Minh City Ho Chi Minh VN Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.vn https://www.robertwalters.com.vn/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Country Director job has just become available. Reporting to VP International Marketing, this role is aimed at bringing leadership & cohesion to the office.
About this role
The role of Country Director is critical to the success of the company's market development strategy in Vietnam. The Country Director will lead the Vietnam team and oversee the strategic and operational engagement in the country.
STRATEGY, PLANNING AND DELIVERY
- Guide and support the Business Development Managers (BDM) in evaluating market segments, prioritising focus areas to ensure effective market development programs; work with the BDM’s to support development and delivery of commercialisation initiatives, project trials, technical and market research and strategic initiatives to support market development efforts
- Identify market opportunities, assess logistics options and impediments, and prioritize potential applications for Canada's forest products
- Work with the Vietnam team to plan and deliver marketing and communications activities, educational seminars, trade shows and networking events; identify and oversee in-market research, market acceptance issues, product or market development opportunities and competitive issues and threats to support market development activities
- As the lead of Vietnam operations, oversee decision-making on corporate priorities and strategies, policies, work plans and reports, and financial and human resource management; manage out-sourced accounting and legal services, ensuring timely and complete services are provided
- Lead the critical business functions of the company's presence in Vietnam and ensures compliance with all Vietnamese laws and corporate requirements; responsible for adherence to the company’s Head Office and Vietnam policies, programs and financial directions
- Oversee the office administration and financial responsibility; oversee the budget, track and manage each month and annual reporting done by the Manager, Finance and Contracts
GOVERNMENT AND STAKEHOLDER RELATIONS AND MARKET ACCESS
- Develop and maintain good working relationships and regular communications with all internal and external stakeholders and target audiences, including industry agents, industry associations, government officials, Vietnamese wood importers, key Vietnam manufacturers, developers/interior designers, academic institutions and others
- Identify and liaise with key stakeholders in Vietnam to gather first-hand knowledge and market information relevant to the use, marketing and sales promotion of B.C. wood products;
- Identify issues related to the restriction of the products to help accelerate market penetration, establishing relationships with the Canada Wood Group, Canadian High Commission, and other agencies or resources as appropriate
- Advise and oversee incoming trade missions and political delegations to encourage progress on key files and accelerate market development efforts
- Provide advice on medium-long term staffing needs; manage staff to ensure rapid, efficient and productive implementation of initiatives; identify and manage outside agencies/consultants
- Ensure all employees are motivated and guided to contribute cohesively and fully to the realization of the company’s mission, values, objectives and strategic plan; empower employees to identify innovative approaches to enhance organizational performance
- Work with Head Office on employee contracts, salaries, benefits, or other elements of the company’s remuneration plan for Vietnam, submitting any revisions for approval from Head Office
- In consultation with the VP, International Marketing, establish evaluation criteria for all FII activities and investments in Vietnam
- Monitor trends and progress towards established goals and objectives ensuring that all staff are accountable for performance management within their job responsibilities
- Ensure systems are in place and utilized (i.e. CRM) to provide appropriate information for statistical analysis, planning and implementation as it relates to FII’s mandate in Vietnam
In order to succeed in this Country Director role, experience in being in a leadership role for small to medium organisation with excellent communication.
- A University degree in a related field, (i.e. Business Administration, International Marketing, Communications or Forestry), or related equivalent experience
- A minimum of 10 years related experience in a senior position leading a department with significant strategic, leadership and financial accountability in the areas of Business Development, International Trade, Marketing, Communications and Public Relations, or Wood Manufacturing, preferably with some of this experience in Vietnam
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience managing and overseeing the performance of others
- Experience working in a public sector organization would be an asset
- Experience working with senior-level executives and government officials
- Established networks/relationships in Vietnam within both government and business organizations
- Significant experience in project management, event coordination, protocol, & program delivery
This international manufacturing firm is recognised as the market leader in their field of expertise. The firm is very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined, and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Country Director job.
Apply today or contact me to discuss this new opportunity.
Due to the high volume of applications we are experiencing, our team will only be in touch with you if your application is shortlisted.
Salary: NegotiableLocation: Ho Chi Minh CityDate posted: 28 October 2022An exciting Project Director job has arisen in a furniture company in Ho Chi Minh City Vietnam.