Furniture Finishing Manager
Location Ho Chi Minh CityFULL_TIME
Consultant Khoa Deo
Date posted 05 December 2022ho-chi-minh-city engineering-manufacturing/furniture-sourcing-and-manufacturing 2022-12-05 2023-02-03 furniture Ho Chi Minh City Ho Chi Minh City Ho Chi Minh VN Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.vn https://www.robertwalters.com.vn/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
A Finishing Manager job has just become available at a furniture sourcing office. This role will be key in uplifting the finishing standards within the company. Reporting to the Finishing Director, this role will be in charge of all aspect related to finishing including finishes/colour developments & troubleshooting issues at vendors
About the Finishing Manager Role:
In this role, you will monitor and confirm the production panels that the vendor/factory made by following the MCP. considering such elements as substrates, veneers, distressing, and colour schemes.
- Keep abreast of finishing system trends seen in manufacturing
- Develop a clear understanding of the company’s customer finish needs with PD, coating suppliers, and vendors accordingly
- Enforce the finish approval processes in Vietnam to consistently carry out these required tasks across all furniture items.
- Ensure all furniture finishes can be manufactured. Improve on our current production panels and Finish PPS processes
- Ensure that the finish approved can meet the company's customer legal and quality standards plus meet customer reliability expectations
- Ensure that furniture finish specifications given to our furniture vendors and coating suppliers contain detailed technical guidance
- Develop and use consistent methods of communication to keep all parties informed as to the company finishing status by region (vendor production panels databases, Finish PPS tracking reports, etc.)
- Recommend effective processes and procedures to improve finish production workflow and results
- Evaluate and appraise both coating supplier and vendor finish performance; ensure the same coating system in multiple vendors within the same region all match
- Review and approve refreshed finish PPS and production panels cross factories
- Track and monitor the status of production panels and finish PPS in all Vietnam factories
To succeed in this role, you must have good communication skills in English.
- Work experience in the coating company is preferred
- Be able to duplicate or create a finished panel independent; Rich knowledge of finish system design and finishing line set-up
- Complete familiarity with the hanging line, pallet line, and roller line finishing system; Knowledgeable with NC, PU, Modified PU, UV, and water-based systems, etc.
- Clear engineering logic. Can do effective and efficient communication with the team
- Ability to listen and speak at least two of languages: English, Chinese, and Vietnamese
- Good teamwork spirit. Ability to influence people (including vendors, manufacturers, and other partners) to do the right things for company business. Ability to manage multiple tasks among vendors/factories
- Has basic business sense. Understand the business needs very well
This leading company has an outstanding international reputation in its field. This well-recognised brand offers a great working environment.
If you are looking for a new challenge, this is the role for you.
If you would like to apply for this role or find out more, please contact Mr. Khoa Deo on +84867643191 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the Job Reference No. 1870660
Due to the high volume of applications we are experiencing, our team will only be in touch with you if your application is shortlisted.
Salary: NegotiableLocation: Ho Chi Minh CityDate posted: 19 January 2023An rarely available Technical Support Manager (flexible working hours) job is now available in the market. This is a new position in a growing team, where you have the support & opportunity to develop both technical & management skill.
Salary: NegotiableLocation: Ho Chi Minh CityDate posted: 19 January 2023An exciting Project Manager job (Construction project) has arisen in a oil and gas company in Ho Chi Minh City Vietnam.
Salary: NegotiableLocation: Ho Chi Minh CityDate posted: 19 January 2023An exciting Operation Excellence Manager job has arisen in an European organisation, leading industry in Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam.
Salary: NegotiableLocation: Ho Chi Minh CityDate posted: 23 December 2022An exciting Technical Service Specialist - Management level (Protective films, Adhesive/ tapes) job has just become available at one of the most respected global chemical firms based in Ho Chi Minh City. Reporting directly to the Country Manager and Regional Technical Leader, this is a role for a senior technical support engineer who has fluent English and over 5 years of experience in silicone and organic polymeric materials.
Salary: NegotiableLocation: Ho Chi Minh CityDate posted: 19 December 2022An exciting Product Engineer job has just become available at one of the most respected global brand. This job is for excellent communicator and product manager in electrical & electronics industry, based in Ho Chi Minh City.